Eurocamp by train?

(7 Posts)
TootsBoots Mon 10-Mar-14 21:29:00

Is this possible/doable?

itwillgetbettersoon Mon 10-Mar-14 21:42:01

Depends on where you are planning to go. We flew to Pisa then caught the train to campsite and stayed in a eurocamp tent for two weeks. This year we are flying to Rome then taking train upto Venice and staying in eurocamp tent.

TootsBoots Tue 11-Mar-14 19:37:29

No fixed ideas at all, but would love some sun without having to drive and eurocamps sound great for our dc. Would love recommendations.

PortofinoRevisited Wed 12-Mar-14 10:05:07

to Perpignan by train Seat61 is the best web site for looking at trains. For example link shown to Montpellier/Perpignan - there are a few sites in the Languedoc where you could get by without a car - Vias and Argeles spring to mind. And you change at Lille vs Paris which saves lots of hassle. Italy would involve the sleeper. The resorts between Venice and Lido di Jesolo would also work. We flew and stayed at Union Lido for a week once and never needed to leave the site - but there are buses and you can easily catch a boat into Venice.

PortofinoRevisited Wed 12-Mar-14 10:08:12

Vias for example has fews sites covered by Siblu, Canvas, Eurocamp and Thomson Alfresco - 10 mins in a taxi from Beziers and everything is there - beach, shops, restaurants, huge fun fair, treeclimbing adventure parc, mini-golf. And you can do boat trips on the canal du midi/hire bikes etc.

OwlMother Wed 12-Mar-14 13:19:45

It's possible, but requires research. My parents did this with us for years. We went to Venice (lido di jeselo) and Florence in Italy, Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland, a couple of sites near Paris, and two in the Black Forest. As a previous post says- it might require a sleeper unless you're flying and then on the train. Lake Garda is also doable, bear Peschiera. From Edinburgh it took about 48 hours including two overnights to get to Venice so it's not for the faint hearted!

makemineapinot Sun 16-Mar-14 18:56:36

We have been to Perpignan (stayed at camping le bois de Valmarie in Argeles) - the airline changed our dates and we ended up staying in Perpignan for our first night which was lovely so that's always an option! We git a taxi but there is a train service from Perpignan to Argeles but I was on my own with 2 young dc so taxi (e50) was easier!Then the next 2 years we went to [www.portofelice.it]] - flew into Venice Marco polo (although my friend flew in to Verona and got the bus from there) and got the local bus although you can organise a taxi transfer - was e80.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now