Anyone flown Icelandair?

(10 Posts)
TeamEdward Sun 09-Mar-14 21:06:48

Planning a trip to visit family in the US and Icelandair have cheapest flights. I've only flown to US with major carriers before.
DC have never flown before - are we made to consider a 10 hour flight (including a 2hr stopover in Iceland?

itiswhatitiswhatitis Sun 09-Mar-14 21:08:39

Yes thought they were very good.

Panzee Sun 09-Mar-14 21:10:40

Was it icelandair who were sometimes on that Airport show from Heathrow? They had a very blonde air steward who was very easy on the eye. I'd fly with them for that reason alone. grin

LightastheBreeze Sun 09-Mar-14 21:10:57

Yes they were good, flew with them last year and am again this year to Iceland

Twighlightsparkle Sun 09-Mar-14 21:19:46

Yes, v good, avoid the food!

I travelled with a disabled friend, the cabin crew were great.

Squarepegina Sun 09-Mar-14 21:29:45

Just flew back with them today on short haul flight. Very efficient, on time and beautiful airport at Keflavik. Loos fabulous! Had a medical emergency on way back with one of the passengers and it was dealt with calmly and professionally. Got free refreshment but have no idea about quality of food.

CatCoriander Mon 10-Mar-14 06:47:14

Have flown with them from Manchester to Iceland - the food was rather strange.

Cheap however, is not always cheerful. I would always fly direct if at all possible; presumably on the return leg you would have to fly back to the UK via Iceland as well?. That in particular would just add hours to an already long day.

bonjourlondon Tue 25-Mar-14 12:51:36

Very very good airline and you can also stay a couple of days in Iceland, visit Blue Lagoon,Reykjavik and Gulfoss, we did that, it was fabulous place, must be seen.

barabrith Wed 26-Mar-14 10:11:18

We flew to Denver with them last year and had a stop over in Reykjavik for 2 nights, really good flights and bonus being able to see Iceland which was amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now