ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

going to South of france - shall we stop mid way in Hotel or Camp site ( have 2 kids)

(12 Posts)
energyfirst Sun 09-Mar-14 05:34:46

going to South of france - shall we stop mid way in Hotel or Camp site ( have 2 kids)

I thought sth with the swimming pool inside so that kids are looking forward to it

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 11:12:17

What would half way be for you? Are you going to Languedoc or Riviera - can be hours of travel different.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 11:12:33

And when are you travelling?

energyfirst Sun 09-Mar-14 12:38:40

I drive from.london. do not have exact place in mind could you recommebd wgat is better please Rivuera or L....? beginning of Easter.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 12:47:10

Hmm. Easter you can't guarantee nice weather 100 % even in the South of France - but it should be warmer than UK. Sea will be a big no-no. Depends on your budget and what you want to. The season won't really have started at Easter. I would personnally go somewhere in the Montpellier area as there is lots to do round there even if the weather is not so good. It is about 10 hours from Calais and not so expensive as the Riviera. Finding an indoor pool might be trickier. I will have a think....

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 13:08:57

This place is open from Easter.

energyfirst Sun 09-Mar-14 14:44:43

thank you. really appreciate it. I think indoor heated pool is important. what about playgrounds or alks to mountains? bikes?

energyfirst Sun 09-Mar-14 15:15:38

I looked at your recommendation. it is open from 12 and we are going on 5th sad

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 15:17:02

Maybe have a look at Pierreetvacances.com or Eurocamp. St Avit Loisirs in the Dordogne has a covered pool. We stayed near to Le Bugue a couple of years ago and it was lovely. Lots of caves to visit.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 15:28:28

ooh this one has indoor and outdoor pools, tree climbing, mountain biking etc.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 09-Mar-14 15:34:09

And opens on 11th sad

redcaryellowcar Sun 09-Mar-14 21:37:13

We used to drive from caen to somewhere near bordeaux and would break up journey with little hotel stop. We tried camping but found a lit was needed to be unpacked for a night. We would pack just a small ovenight bag with a change of underwear and t shirts for everyone and a toothbrush each, then we would be in our way early again the next morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now