Weather Amalfi end May?

(6 Posts)
Acinonyx Sat 08-Mar-14 17:40:45

It's hard to tell from the average temperatures - is it warm enough end May on the Amalfi coast to swim in an outdoor pool (i.e. would it be a waste of money to have pool access)? Thanks!

lottysmum Sat 08-Mar-14 20:11:26

Should be really nice at that time ...outdoor pools (unheated) are always quite cold ...but it should be warm enough to offset this ...we were on the opposite coast in May a few years back a bit further up (Le Marche) and kids were in pool every day...cool but the sun made up for it

Acinonyx Sat 08-Mar-14 20:21:22

Thanks - the flights are looking more than expected (half-term week hmm) so will probably cut back anyway.

jamtoast12 Sun 09-Mar-14 10:55:14

Was very hot when we went last week of May

Acinonyx Sun 09-Mar-14 11:43:09

That's good to know. We looked up end May weather for last year and it was gloomy! I've got to get some proper sunshine.

TwoThreeFourSix Sun 09-Mar-14 11:46:16

We went last May and it was a mix of sun and rain! Never very hot but when it was sunny it was a lovely temperature to walk around in.

We did go in the sea (well I did, DH wimped out) but it wasnt that warm - depends in what you're used to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now