Where is warm and not dead for Christmas, short haul and pref Europe...?

(12 Posts)
Hullygully Wed 26-Feb-14 13:10:29

Does such a place exist??

SnowieBear Wed 26-Feb-14 13:23:07

Hi Hully - go to any of the Andalucian towns in Spain. Cannot guarantee you'll want to jump into a pool, but it'll be nice, with great atmosphere, great people and great food. How about Seville?

Hullygully Wed 26-Feb-14 13:47:40

Thanks Snowie, I have been to Seville, but not for ages, I'll put it on the list!

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 26-Feb-14 13:50:50

I imagine the Canary Islands, as it seems to be the most popular winter shorthaul destination.

magimedi Wed 26-Feb-14 13:51:39

Canaries - deffo warm, not dead & thought they are not my 100% cup of tea I can put up with a lot for the sake of sunshine & sea swimming in December. Lanzarote has lots of amzing things to do/see - google Caesar Manriques for a start.

Hullygully Wed 26-Feb-14 15:03:04

I dun Lanzarote sad

Loved the volcano park

magimedi Wed 26-Feb-14 15:24:41

Have also dun Fuerteventura - not so much to do as Lazarote but great surfing!

Also Tenerife - but basically swam loads & sat in deck chair with kindle or in a bar for most of the 10 days .

North Africa? Morocco? Haven't been but have heard good reports & though not Europe - it's only 3.5hrs flying.

mummymeister Thu 27-Feb-14 07:35:04

go a bit further and to South Africa.

Hullygully Thu 27-Feb-14 09:02:04

Sadly has to be Yerp for reasons beyond my control.

Crowler Thu 27-Feb-14 09:06:07

I believe such a place doesn't exist!

magimedi Thu 27-Feb-14 09:53:54

I think if guaranteed weather (or as guaranteed as it can be) is important to you I would go for the cannaries. Other bits of S. Europe can be bloody cold then.

Just thought - BIL & SIL have been to Madeira a couple of times & loved it - lots to do & some amazing walking with great trails etc.

princessalbert Thu 27-Feb-14 11:33:36

Canary Islands for sure.

you will still be able to celebrate the day - but without having to keep your coat on.

I'd love to bugger off abroad for xmas and ny, but dh won't..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now