Ideas for July for me, DH & DDs 16 & 19

(13 Posts)

Haven't had a proper holiday for years and thinking of splashing out this summer as it will be our 20th WA in July. When I say splashing out, we don't have a huge budget (we don't have a budget at all!) but thinking of spending a maximum of £2,500 in total. Any ideas? Or am I being wildly optimistic about getting comfort and sunshine for this money?

flashheartscanoe Thu 30-Jan-14 21:31:03

You presumably need somewhere where the girls can go off on their own a bit. I recommend Kalkan in turkey. Cheap flights to Dalyan and a villa or apartment. Its a small town on a harbour with loads of restaurants. Kalkan is about the only place I could find with affordable villas with pools within walking distance of a town. Everyone heads into town for dinner and sits outside, its lovely. There was a few bars where all the teens congregated later on after dinner when the parents had gone to bed. But all very naice and safe. There are beach clubs to go to in the daytime to be a bit more social and boat trips and a trip to a gorge where you can do some (quite tame but fun) rafting on rubber rings.
We had a great time and I'd love to go back.

Sounds perfect! Who did you go yo for villa rental?

Creamycoolerwithcream Fri 31-Jan-14 10:18:07

I would recommend a cruise for such a special occasion.

A cruise for 4 in July for £2500 creamy, is that possible?

Creamycoolerwithcream Fri 31-Jan-14 10:39:26

it could well be, check or thomson cruises or MSC cruises.

Lavenderhoney Fri 31-Jan-14 10:42:08

Villa with a pool in Provence would be lovely- things to do, lazing by the pool.. Fabulous weather, not a long flight, if you book flights and car now its a good deal.

I go to a lovely one, pm me if you want the details of itsmile

Thanks everyone. Not sure about a cruise and we have been to France a couple of times so I'd like something different. Sorry to be so fussy. That's probably why I haven't found anything yet!

Creamycoolerwithcream Fri 31-Jan-14 10:59:39

For anyone who does fancy a cruise Thomson have some good prices on cruises from Turkey visiting Instanbul, Greek islands, Ukraine and Romania. Nice and hot and something a bit different.

flashheartscanoe Fri 31-Jan-14 21:43:58

http://kalkanyellowvilla.co.uk/booking_details.html

we stayed there- it was fabulous. There are millions on owners direct or holiday lettings. Look for proximity to town.

The biggest drawback is a 2 hour transfer fro the airport- but a private taxi was about £50.

flashheartscanoe Fri 31-Jan-14 21:45:18
flashheartscanoe Fri 31-Jan-14 22:19:17

sorry, flights to Dalaman not Dalyan.

Looks fabulous! Thank you. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now