Has anyone ever gatecrashed a Eurocamp/Canvas hols kid's club?

(21 Posts)
HiggsBosom Fri 27-Dec-13 18:39:36

The campsite I fancy is £1400 with Eurocamp but £800 direct to the site for pretty much the same caravan. I do not want an English-speaking kid's club such that I'd pay £600 more, but wondered if anyone has ever paid on-site to go along? I saw a review of another campsite where someone talked of paying £12 a kid to attend the Canvas one, can anyone corroborate on that story??! Thanks!

Waswondering Fri 27-Dec-13 18:45:28

We booked direct with French campsite last year, and the kids went to the campsite kids club .... Which was run in English (and fantastic!) due to it being the common language. Eurocamp etc children used this club too .... If it's a large site it's likely to be in English.

HTH

BlameItOnTheBogey Fri 27-Dec-13 18:50:25

I used to work as a children's courier for Eurocamp and certainly when I did it, it wasn't allowed….

SolomanDaisy Fri 27-Dec-13 18:51:35

I've been with eurocamp and seen people paying for their kids to attend.

makemineapinot Fri 27-Dec-13 20:09:33

We've only ever seen this done (rarely) in low season. My dc have been to campsite run clubs - some better than others and on some sites all the clubs join together, but normally the tour operators say no to fate rashers - that's one of the benefits you pay extra for!

SolomanDaisy Fri 27-Dec-13 20:35:21

Oh yes, it has been June and September when we've seen it, so it may not be available in high season.

HiggsBosom Fri 27-Dec-13 20:54:23

we'll be the start of July cos Scottish holidays, so we might be lucky wrt being out of high season . I'm just mildly concerned there won't be many English speakers at the campsite club at that time of year. Think for the massive saving we'll chance it! smile Thanks all.

ReallyTired Fri 27-Dec-13 21:00:28

When we used a Eurocamp club the staff knew exactly who were and the ratios, qualifications of the staff, standard of activites would have pleased any OFSTED inspector.

In France standards of childcare are a bit more laizee faire to put it politelty. For example one campsite the staff were quite happy for two people to take 30 children between the ages of three and eleven to the beach with out the contact details of the parents or even telling the parents that was what they planned. (Most children were a lot younger than eleven!) My son absolutely loved it though.

I think the site run clubs are fine for children who are over eight and can look after themselves a bit, but I would want the reassurance of care run to British Standards for younger children.

ReallyTired Fri 27-Dec-13 21:02:14

If you leave Eurocamp to the last minute then you may get a caravan in August for a lot less than £1400.

MoominMammasHandbag Fri 27-Dec-13 21:07:13

We've always been happy enough with the animation at French campsites. Sometimes all the clubs join together anyway.

purple15 Fri 27-Dec-13 21:14:39

You can not use the Euro camp kids club, unless you have booked with them. Although you can attend for a fee for each session. We did this once for my son to attend the football sessions.

The site kids clubs are ok. But the Euro camp ones much better.

HiggsBosom Fri 27-Dec-13 21:16:57

No last minutes, I like to book exactly what I fancy and look forward to it for months!!! I hadn't thought about the ratio stuff, I'd def not send the wee one along unless I'd seen the deal I suppose. still boils down to probably saving £600 over sending them to the clubs!

Waswondering Fri 27-Dec-13 21:20:18

Which site are you looking at and someone might comment re no of children and site club ...

HiggsBosom Fri 27-Dec-13 21:29:28

domaine de l'etang near saumur. don't go booking up my cheap deal now! grin

HiggsBosom Fri 27-Dec-13 21:44:55

de la breche, sorry, eurocamp call it l'etang de la breche, all confused!

Waswondering Fri 27-Dec-13 22:13:39

Is that a Les Castels site? We were further south last year, with Les Castels, but first half of July too, and most kids on site were Scottish or NI. HTH

purple15 Fri 27-Dec-13 22:17:02

We have stayed at L'etang la breche about four times.

A lovely site for children.

purple15 Fri 27-Dec-13 22:18:35

We have booked this has a Eurocamp deal and directly with the campsite.

The kids clubs are either the Eurocamp or the camps own kids club. Both were ok.

makemineapinot Sat 28-Dec-13 00:00:57

That time if year lots if Scots, Irish and Dutch!

HiggsBosom Sat 28-Dec-13 08:13:09

Cool, thanks for your answers.

givemeaclue Sat 28-Dec-13 14:18:17

Check the kids climbs are on at that time some only run in school hols

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now