Anyone been to the Sunshine Coast Vancouver?

(6 Posts)
mummymeister Mon 16-Dec-13 19:32:23

We are looking for somewhere to stay not too far from Vancouver with plenty going on. has to have 3 bedrooms though. if you have been, have you stayed anywhere nice? any hints or tips. thanks

debliz Wed 15-Jan-14 13:01:20

What is it you want to do. I know a bit of the Sunshine Coast. Plus is short ferry, lakes such as ruby lake up by sechelt and roberts creek is lovely (one cafe though) and gibsons a bit livelier and where ferry comes in. If you want to travel off around via car I believe it is about $70 for the ferry.

debliz Wed 15-Jan-14 13:05:45

Presume you are going in summer

mummymeister Wed 15-Jan-14 16:04:53

we are staying there for just under a week in the summer. we are outdoors water sports type family with young teenagers. just concerned that there wont be enough for them to do other than walks and canoeing. cant seem to find any attractions, museums to visit or any other sort of pursuits like tree surfing or ziplining. can they hire windsurfers and boats? any activities, places or restaurants that you would recommend? this is a small part of a longer trip but I want them to get the most out of it.

credence Fri 17-Jan-14 00:33:25

www.driftwoodmotorinn.com/

Highly recommended grin

mummymeister Fri 17-Jan-14 08:41:39

Thanks credence can see where we will be eating out. we have somewhere to stay. its the things to do bit specifically that we need some help with. any links? can you pm me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now