Long term house swap Brisbane/UK

(2 Posts)
choklit Thu 12-Dec-13 09:20:21

We are looking to return to the UK. Possibly as a 12 month trial run first before selling our house in Brisbane (or returning to Brisbane if life back in the UK doesn't work out)
Currently ooking at the possibility of house swapping. There are lots of web sites for short term holiday swaps but not much for the length of time we are looking for.
Anyway, I know this is a long shot but thought I'd mention it here.
We have a 4 bed house in Brisbane about 7km from the city in a very nice suburb. Good local schools and amenities and a short walk to the train (which takes 20 mins into the city).
We would be looking for a house in the UK's south east, commuter distance from London.
I can be more specific with details if there is any interest!
Thanks

SaltyGoodness Fri 20-Dec-13 15:39:28

Have you tried approaching 3 or 4 large companies that transfer staff to Brisbane? It's worth a shot sending an email to corporate services at Rio Tinto etc and a couple of others as they are looking to house execs and their families often for 12 month periods. Hope this helps. Also some of the houseswap websites would def have 12 month swaps as an option (even though shorter swaps as you say are the norm) and are worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now