Honeymoon ideas please!

(16 Posts)
merryxmasyafilthyanimal Sun 08-Dec-13 21:55:54

DP and I are getting married soon and we don't have a honeymoon booked yet. We're not fussed about going straight after we get hitched so can go whenever.

So I'm after ideas please and specific recommendations of areas/hotels and how much we need to spend etc smile

To give you an idea of what we like, we've been to Mexico twice and Turkey once, both all inclusive. We've also done short trips to Cornwall, Devon and Spain.

We'd really love to go to Vietnam, the Maldives, South America, the Greek Islands and Italy but due to budget and time constraints, haven't so far. We'd also like DCs soon so want to make the most of a child free holiday if we can.

We don't have a budget, we'll just have to save for whatever we do but I think the Maldives etc is going to be WAY over what we can do.

Thanks!

Look at Kolocep Villas in Croatia. Its been taken over by Karisma Hotels who run the El Dorado hotels in Mexico. Its newly refurbished and absolutely stunning. Its on an island off Dubrovnik, no cars, adult only All inclusive.

Its a perfect combination of Caribbean style AI luxury near an interesting, romantic, beautiful city.

merryxmasyafilthyanimal Sun 08-Dec-13 22:03:03

Sounds good! That's the hotel we went to in Mexico. Second time was so shit though because the weather was awful! Thanks

mumblechum1 Sun 08-Dec-13 22:05:13

Oooh go to the Maldives. We went here www.fourseasons.com/maldiveslg/accommodations/rooms/beach_villa_with_pool/ for our 20th wedding anniversary and it was just fantastic.

ItStillLooksLikeRainDear Sun 08-Dec-13 22:13:28

If you are thinking of DC soon then go somewhere that you both want to go that you maybe wouldn't take children.

Although not a honeymoon DH & I went on a truly fantastic hol pre children to Peru. We went to Lima, cusco, Machu Picchu, Iquitos & the Amazon. It was amazing. So glad we did it. But maybe not what you want from a honeymoon?

merryxmasyafilthyanimal Sun 08-Dec-13 22:14:56

Looks amazing mumblechum but $28,000 - not including air fare - is a bit too much! gringrinshock

mumblechum1 Sun 08-Dec-13 22:21:09

Ah but I did give him 20 glorious years wink

AuntieBrenda Sun 08-Dec-13 22:35:36

I came on to say el dorado casitas royale In Mexico but I see you've already been! Ha!

specialsubject Mon 09-Dec-13 11:05:54

Greek islands in June - the best time of year before the big rush. Long days, lots of flowers, loads to see and do. (strongest UV time though, slap it on)

34DD Mon 09-Dec-13 21:57:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sailorsgal Sat 14-Dec-13 07:44:56

Santorini.smile

I have to say Maldives too! I went for much less than the amount above and it was still glorious! I think ours was more like £4000. I also recommend going straight after the wedding - keep the fantasticness going! I'm so glad I didn't have to come down off my hi hand back to the housework!

Hmm, my "high", not my high hand - stupid phone.

givemeaclue Sat 14-Dec-13 08:31:48

Yes recommend going after the wedding so it is a honeymoon not just a holiday.

Nojustalurker Sat 14-Dec-13 08:44:51

Pick a child free holiday.

MillyMollyMama Sat 14-Dec-13 22:57:32

South Africa. Superb places to stay, eg Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Garden Route, game reserves. Not cheap but at least a bit different. Not very expensive when you are there in terms of meals etc.
Also cannot recommend the British Virgin Islands highly enough. You can hire a yacht and visit the most wonderful islands and beaches or stay at a beautiful hotel or villa. I would recommend Virgin Gorda or Tortola.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now