Where would you go on holiday / weekend away with a baby?

(5 Posts)
noramum Fri 06-Dec-13 13:33:24

I personally found that the easiest is a baby before weaning or when it is on proper food. No thoughts about getting baby food anywhere, putting the suitcase full of jars or worrying about the lack of a blender.

We went with DD to see family for a long weekend, including a 1 1/2 hour flight, when she was 8 months and it was great. Obviously having the space of a house makes it easy. We then went on a 2 week holiday to Devon/Cornwall border, rented a holiday villa and again, no problems. I found it easy, the house had a washing machine and dishwasher, highchair and cot and even some toys and stairgate.

You can go abroad with a baby, I would stick to Europe though, less time on the plane and no jet lag. I just would try to avoid mid-Summer but June for Spain is a good time. Southern Europe is very child-friendly as well.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 06-Dec-13 11:39:48

I took both my girls to Turkey when they were babies. DD1 was 8 weeks and DD2 was 6 months.

EarlAdams Thu 05-Dec-13 18:46:08

I'm joining you guys very soon, i hope in the mid of December i'm traveling here.

specialsubject Thu 05-Dec-13 17:48:21

she won't actually care as long as she has space to crawl/toddle, somewhere to nap, a comfortable temperature and the food she likes. And you two of course.

so where would YOU like to go that can meet these needs?

PrincessChick Thu 05-Dec-13 15:52:12

Thinking about next year. Our DD is 6 mo at the mo. We're going on a big family skiing holiday next year but I'd love to go on a "just the 3 of us"
holiday next Spring.

If you could go anywhere for a week and you have experience of travelling with babies, where would you go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now