Where would you go on holiday / weekend away with a baby?

(5 Posts)
PrincessChick Thu 05-Dec-13 15:52:12

Thinking about next year. Our DD is 6 mo at the mo. We're going on a big family skiing holiday next year but I'd love to go on a "just the 3 of us"
holiday next Spring.

If you could go anywhere for a week and you have experience of travelling with babies, where would you go?

specialsubject Thu 05-Dec-13 17:48:21

she won't actually care as long as she has space to crawl/toddle, somewhere to nap, a comfortable temperature and the food she likes. And you two of course.

so where would YOU like to go that can meet these needs?

EarlAdams Thu 05-Dec-13 18:46:08

I'm joining you guys very soon, i hope in the mid of December i'm traveling here.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 06-Dec-13 11:39:48

I took both my girls to Turkey when they were babies. DD1 was 8 weeks and DD2 was 6 months.

noramum Fri 06-Dec-13 13:33:24

I personally found that the easiest is a baby before weaning or when it is on proper food. No thoughts about getting baby food anywhere, putting the suitcase full of jars or worrying about the lack of a blender.

We went with DD to see family for a long weekend, including a 1 1/2 hour flight, when she was 8 months and it was great. Obviously having the space of a house makes it easy. We then went on a 2 week holiday to Devon/Cornwall border, rented a holiday villa and again, no problems. I found it easy, the house had a washing machine and dishwasher, highchair and cot and even some toys and stairgate.

You can go abroad with a baby, I would stick to Europe though, less time on the plane and no jet lag. I just would try to avoid mid-Summer but June for Spain is a good time. Southern Europe is very child-friendly as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now