Meet and greet parking at Birmingham airport

(18 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 03-Dec-13 22:30:28

We're flying out of Birmingham airport on 21st December for a snowy Christmas in the alps.

We'll have a fair bit of luggage with us and 2 dc who aren't big enough to manage anything other than their hand luggage so we're looking at booking meet and greet parking.

Can anyone recommend any companies?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 04-Dec-13 08:23:37

Anyone used a company who does this?

If you book in the long stay multi-storey (NCP), it's only about 50 yards further to walk than the meet & greet, and is half the price.

It's that close that I wouldn't bother with meet & greet at all - I haven't used them, but the way the airport roads are laid out mean that you will only be able to be dropped off the opposite side to the drop off point from the exit to the NCP car park. The geography is NCP car park exit, road, drop off car park, road with meet & greet point, airport entrance. Hope that makes sense.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 04-Dec-13 22:56:15

Thanks for that. I've not been there before so that's really useful.

No problem - just make sure that it is the multi-storey that you are booked into, not the carpark that needs a short coach journey.

EarlAdams Thu 05-Dec-13 18:48:34

This is really great, i have seen this place last year when i travel to europe this is really huge.

CMOTDibbler Thu 05-Dec-13 18:52:21

Yes, if you prebook the multistorey (its labelled as short/medium term) its good value and literally 50m from check in. I favour car park 2 myself smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 05-Dec-13 20:52:54

Marvellous. That's one more thing sorted.

Thanks all smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 05-Dec-13 20:59:59

One last thing - I'm assuming that there will be luggage trolleys in these Multi storey car parks. Am I right?

TheGonnagle Thu 05-Dec-13 21:01:16

Yes there will- but you'll have to pay £1 for them.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 05-Dec-13 21:02:54

That's ok. I'll stock up on £1 coins.

Thanks!

mermaidbutmytailfelloff Thu 05-Dec-13 21:07:42

You can park at the railway station and take the monorail. Train station is £8 a day

its all about car park 2. grin.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 05-Dec-13 22:56:12

Monorail would be a pita with all of our luggage and 2 ds's in tow.

I'm keen to book car park 2 but DH still wants to do meet and greet. There's £10 difference in the price so I may just give into him, I've got too many other things to sort to spend too much time deciding this!

The monorail is worth remembering when you're travelling alone or with older children. The road set up outside the airport means you have to pay, even to just drop off, in the very short stay drop off carpark. However, there is no charge to drop off at the train station, then it's a short way up the escalators, and over the monorail to the airport. Worth sharing in case anyone else is reading the thread.

monorail is really good yes! and fun for kids and adults alike as if I sometimes ride it just for fun shock.

cantthinkofagoodone Fri 06-Dec-13 14:50:17

We used purple parking I think. Very good, especially when returning at 1am. They collected and dropped off at the monorail.

slalomsuki Fri 06-Dec-13 20:43:18

Yes car park 2 a short walk and no hassle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now