Non tourist Spain, flying from the NE England. Does anyone have a recommendation? Self Catering.

(9 Posts)

Dp, dss and I love Spain but tend to go to quieter areas. We loved Puerto Pollensa.

This year we fancy trying somewhere in a mountain region. Preferably with flights from the NE as in Newcastle or Leeds Bradford.

Any ideas greatly received as I'm a bit stuck. I'm a bit worried we'll go somewhere and really hate it. It'll be our only holiday abroad and we haven't been abroad for a couple of years.

We love camping in the UK and SC over here but seen as Dp and I both work FT now it'd be great to get abroad again.

TIA.

Bump.

duckyfuzz Tue 26-Nov-13 19:30:28

fly to Bilbao, loads to do and see around there and Santander, into the Picos de Europa, Cantabria, over to La Coruna, Santiago de compostela info

duckyfuzz Tue 26-Nov-13 19:31:07

sorry, v brief message there, just refereeing dcs!

Thanks for that. Dp would love to go to Santiago de Compostela after seeing the movie The Way.

OnGoldenPond Wed 27-Nov-13 16:36:57

Sierra Nevada and Alpujarras

FredKiller Wed 27-Nov-13 16:41:05

YY to the Picos de Europa. We had a wonderful week hiking around them a few years ago (just me and DH mind, never done it with kids). It's beautiful. We stayed in Potes which is a lovely town and pretty central.

FredKiller Wed 27-Nov-13 16:55:43

There's a scenic little railway from Bilbao to Santander called the feve. Here's a Simon Calder article on it. You could stop at a few places en route from Bilbao (love the city) to Galicia and pop into the Picos.

Oh I want to go right now! Thanks for the info OGP and FK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now