Temporary accommodation in Beds/Bucks

(4 Posts)
Pregnantandproud79 Fri 22-Nov-13 19:52:09

Hi, myself and my husband are relocating back home to the UK from the USA along with a baby, a dog and a cat! We'll need somewhere to stay while we look for a house to buy in Buckinghamshire (nr MK); we won't have any furniture bedding etc until our shipping arrives 2 months later so we need to stay somewhere fully equipped. I'm thinking that something like a holiday cottage would be ideal but they are so expensive (£350+ a week), does anyone know of any reasonable short stay accommodation in the bucks/beds area?

mummymeister Sat 23-Nov-13 18:01:22

that doesn't sound expensive to me OP sorry! especially as you want to bring pets as well. have you found places at £350pw that are agreeing to take the cat and dog? most places don't take pets so you have to ask about this up front. most letting agents will be looking at 6 months min lets. are there are any caravan parks nearby. they would be cheaper but may not take the animals. have you tried the local tourism office to see if they can help. also a lot of places are very wary of taking on lets as opposed to holiday makers because the rules around letting have changed so much. they might be worried that you will try and claim tenancy or it might be that their planning permission restricts them to only a certain number of weeks per let. could you go a bit further out?

specialsubject Sat 23-Nov-13 18:37:15

the only way you can get somewhere with all the kit is a holiday cottage or serviced apartments, and these are expensive. Short term rentals don't come with furniture, nor do longer term ones, and your pets will be a problem for those.

pets aren't allowed in some holiday cottages but you will have to look around.

Nnnnnnn Sat 23-Nov-13 18:46:17

Cosgrove caravan park is very close to MK. There is also Billing Aquadrome a bit further away. They are the first 2 places with equipped caravans/holiday homes that spring to mind. I've never been to either though so no idea what they are like, if they take pets, whether they are suitable for 2 months, or even if they are open this time of year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now