Where is nice in Vendee?

(7 Posts)

Thinking of our holiday for 2015 (I know, I know) and was thinking about Vendee. Everyone on here seems to rave about it, but its so big!

What areas are nice. less than 1 hour from the beach?

frenchfancy Thu 21-Nov-13 17:46:29

Take a look around Fontenay le Comte in the south Vendee. The south is much nicer than the North. Beaches are about 40 mins away, so is La Rochelle. Nearby Mervent forest is lovely. Green venise is quite nice and the fabulous and amazing Puy de Fou is under an hour.

Sparkleandshine Thu 21-Nov-13 17:49:18

we went here recently, nice, 350 m from the beach - lovely beaches. Very small and quiet.

St Jean de Monts is a little further south and quite chavvy but beautiful beaches

Screamqueen Thu 21-Nov-13 22:11:32

Ive stayed near Fontenay le Comte and loved it.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Thu 05-Dec-13 15:01:15

If you don't mind travelling a bit further south of La Rochelle, the area around La Palmyre is popular with families. The sand is beautiful and the coastline is a bit more exciting than the Vendee. Great cycle paths through the forests and lots of campsites and small hotels. There is a also a Club Med type of place too. La Palmyre Zoo is fantastic. I would try and stay near the coast as the roads in summer are very busy. Cycling is very popular for that reason. There are lots of interesting places to visit in the area. Our favourite little town is St Palais Sur Mer which has lovely beach restaurants and ice cream parlours.

EarlAdams Thu 05-Dec-13 18:46:55

I really appriciate if you guys help me to find the nice place here, because i really don't have such information of this place yet.

marilynmonroe Wed 01-Jan-14 08:38:39

we stayed in an amazing place manoirdumoulin.com/

we only spent one night there on the way to the Dordogne but it was amazing and the owner was lovely. She has a young family and they played iwth our kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now