Getting through security at Gatwick - how much time?

(6 Posts)
IAmNotDarling Wed 20-Nov-13 19:43:57

I'e got a flight on Friday morning at 8am from Gatwick North. I only have hand luggage. Will an hour be okay to turn up and go straight to my gate?

Thanks

BonaDea Wed 20-Nov-13 19:46:43

Should be absolutely fine if you've already checked in and are just walking through. I usually allow an hour.

notthefirstagainstthewall Wed 20-Nov-13 21:00:03

I'd say Yes .Who are you flying with? Some Easyjet gates are a 15 min walk from the gate. Once through the security (come on people, take off the belt and boots before you're asked) you would need to go straight to the gate.
I am always to early... I am determined to be called out as in "the plane is waiting one day"and... just saunter on.

IAmNotDarling Wed 20-Nov-13 21:27:15

Oh, that's a relief. I've been fretting about arrangements made by someone else! Thanks!

If you are held up at security do they pull people out of the queue for earlier fights?

"If you are held up at security do they pull people out of the queue for earlier fights?"

No.

PatriciaHolm Thu 21-Nov-13 18:50:51

In my experience they do sometimes patrol the security areas calling out for imminent flights, but only if security is really backed up. Unlikely this time of year unless there is a problem at the airport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now