Eurostar with 9 month old

(8 Posts)
Alexchallex Wed 20-Nov-13 16:37:49

Has anyone had this experience with a small child? Thinking of going to Brussels or Paris in December/jan for a couple of days. Baby will be about 9 months. Is it a nightmare with a pram? Any other thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Alexchallex Wed 20-Nov-13 16:38:53

And if anyone knows what these cities are like to get around on public transport, that would be useful. Thank you

Brussels in particular has a lot of cobbled streets. It can also be very cold in December and January. I would consider going later in the year because it will be warmer then.

The street outside the Eurostar station is cobbled as well. I like Brussels very much but its not fully geared up to young children and or babies.

Alexchallex Thu 21-Nov-13 18:39:06

Thanks! Sticking with London I think

PatriciaHolm Thu 21-Nov-13 18:43:02

We took DD to paris at about 5 weeks and Prague (lots of cobbles!) at 3 months and coped fine with a buggy. I brought her home on my own on the Eurostar from Paris and it was fine, the staff were actually very helpful. So don't write off a trip if you would like to go further afield!

justabigdisco Thu 21-Nov-13 18:45:59

We did Paris when DD was 5 months old. It was great! Can't remember what we did with pushchair tbh, but don't remember it being a problem.

BeaWheesht Thu 21-Nov-13 19:04:11

Dd was older but we had a buggy and it was fine, staff very helpful, if you can afford it upgrade to premier for lovely roomy reclining seats. Take a bike lock with you to secure buggy / bags at end of carriage just in case of theft. Oh and try and book a seat with a table.

AtrociousAunt Thu 21-Nov-13 23:35:19

I coped fine with dd in a buggy. You do get a bit of RSI from the cobbles. And you need to wrap up warm as it can be icy cold. Christmas market in Brussels is worth it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now