Recommendations for hotels in Egypt

(10 Posts)
EmmaP1 Mon 18-Nov-13 13:03:45

I'd go with the www.lastcheck.co.uk/hotel/titanic-beach-spa-and-aqua-park/217368318/ in Hurghada, there's plenty going on at the hotel with the aqua aprk and it's right on the beach too. Or try the www.lastcheck.ie/hotel/serenity-fun-city/223616183/ hotel which also has a waterpark and plenty of other on site activities.
Hurghada has a marina and shops etc for you to wander around but I would say that Sharm has a bit more to offer outside of the hotel than Hurghada.
I haven't stayed the Xperience St George but my brother has and he wasn't very impressed. He wasn't keen on the food or general standards but he has stayed at the www.lastcheck.co.uk/hotel/xperience-sea-breeze-resort/223170121/ and really enjoyed that so it might be worth a look.

CreamyCooler Mon 18-Nov-13 12:37:28

I stayed at thre Fort Arabesque in Makadi Bay which was lovely but you couldn't really wander out in the evening only to to the other hotels in the bay. The best part of the holiday was flying to Cairo for the day which isn't advisable now and the jeep safari into the dersert. Watching the sunset from a sand dune was amazing. The beach and snorkelling at the hotel were excellent.

bigTillyMint Mon 18-Nov-13 08:06:28

We stayed in the Maritime Jolie which was lovely - big rooms spread over huge grounds (so didn't feel crowded) and well maintained. Also massive pool and minibus service to ferry you to the sister hotel where there was a beach bar/restaurant and 4 jetties to dive off.

We also went to the aqua park Viva recommends, which was fab!

VivaLeBeaver Mon 18-Nov-13 07:53:32

I've been to aqua blu in sharm. It's not luxury but its clean with big rooms. The main thing is the water park, seriously the boys will love it.

The grounds are immaculate, pools are clean. The downside for me was how big it is. But there's about eight different pools.

Six restaurants, food was fine.

whostolethesocks Mon 18-Nov-13 07:49:20

Thanks for the advice posters. Anyone been to the Sunrise Royal Makadi in Hurghardha or the Iberotel Makadi Saraya Palms in Hurgharda or the Xperience St George Homestay in Sharm? Just wondered whether Hurghardo or Sharm is better but hadn't really investigated different areas of Sharm.

pinkmagic1 Sun 17-Nov-13 12:47:50

Oh and it is definitely worth upgrading to a swim up room for an extra 10 euros a night.

pinkmagic1 Sun 17-Nov-13 12:43:02

We like the Titanic palace in Hurghada. There is a fantastic waterpark and private beach with the most amazing reef. We have always found the food fine despite some reviews. I suppose it could get a bit repetitive If you were there for two weeks but then this is true of many all inclusives. There are shops and a few restaurants in the area but you do have to get a taxi to the centre, however this is very cheap and we feel the hotel and its facilities more than make up for this.

34DD Sun 17-Nov-13 10:40:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MildDrPepperAddiction Wed 13-Nov-13 17:56:19

Depends on your budget but we went to the Sheraton in El Gouna on our honeymoon (years ago!) and it was fab. Lovely and quiet. Not a lot of entertainment but very relaxing.

whostolethesocks Wed 13-Nov-13 17:49:47

Two adults and two boys, aged 15 and 12. I like luxury but can't afford really top end. Good food. Not bothered too much about entertainment but boys might like it. Near beach would be nice and nice to be able to walk out to places rather than be too remote....Just wanted some personal recommendations really after trawling through websites and Tripadvisor reviews.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now