Dinghi sailing

(10 Posts)
SoldeInvierno Sun 10-Nov-13 16:47:33

I am looking for a hotel for next summer where you can do dinghy sailing nearby. I was looking at Neilson holidays, but we are really not interested in all the other activities, so if I could find a hotel with just sailing, it would be better. Anyone knows one? We don't care about the location but would prefer it to be within Europe.

LIZS Sun 10-Nov-13 17:17:58

Are you looking for a coastal resort or a lake ? Riva/Torbole on lake Garda for example has a great sailing school (near the Hotel du Lac et Parc) which you can book by the session. If you look for RYA affiliated schools there are some in South of France or elsewhere on the Med. Some of the Pierre et Vacances resorts have sailing among the local activities but do book ahead (the one local to the place in Normandy we went to was fully booked although late in season). Even with Neilson and Mark Warner et al there is no obligation to join in the rest.

SoldeInvierno Sun 10-Nov-13 18:33:58

thanks LIZS. I was thinking of a coastal resort, but Lake Garda does sound nice. I hadn't thought about it. I will check now.

specialsubject Mon 11-Nov-13 10:21:13

Neilson have gone away from the serious or semi-serious sailing now, as the money is in the waterskiing and spa treatments. You might want to look at their place at Foca in Turkey which is the only one with real kit. You don't have to do the other activities but of course you are paying for them.

I knew of a couple of other locations but they have now shut, sadly.

SoldeInvierno Mon 11-Nov-13 18:04:46

Any thoughts on Mark Warner or are they rubbish for sailing as well?

Middleagedmotheroftwo Mon 11-Nov-13 18:11:46

South of France, there's dinghy sailing on the med in Les Issambres, near St Aygulf. Lovely part of the world.

milkwasabadchoice Mon 11-Nov-13 18:32:06

Wow you lucky thing! Google ses salines, minorca sailing and have an amazing amazing time!

Or there is great lazer sailing on the fal in Cornwall, if you want to stay in the uk.

nannyafrica Mon 11-Nov-13 18:52:51

1 hour away you could be watching elephants on safari!

havingastress Mon 11-Nov-13 18:56:30

If you're serious about sailing, try Vass. Wildwind.

Fabulous price. Fabulous sailing.

SoldeInvierno Mon 11-Nov-13 22:03:59

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now