Centre parcs/ bluestone/ Cape Verde??

(6 Posts)
Fivemoreminutesmummy Mon 04-Nov-13 14:03:11

Hi, does anyone have any experience of any of these places with a young family? We're looking for a last minute for January and can't decide where to go. We want a holiday that is easy with DS1 (4) and DS2 (1) but not rubbish or tacky. (The thought of eating in cafe rouge does not fill me with excitement)
Our other option is winter wonderland in Sweden- sledging/ snow play/ horse drawn rides etc.
is centreparcs worth the money?? Is bluestone too small?
Thanks for any help in advance

CreamyCooler Mon 04-Nov-13 14:46:49

I did lots of Centre Park mini breaks when my DC were that age and found they worked really well, particuarly in winter. We used to prebook the food selection and have the logs delivered for the fire. We would book the children into the clubs and have a few hours in the spa and book babysitters some evenings and go out for dinner and DC would have their dinner earlier in the ball park restaurant, as well as doing lots of family activities. But then again I like Cafe Rouge.

Fivemoreminutesmummy Mon 04-Nov-13 17:29:33

Thank you! I know that sounds awful about cafe rouge and I don't mean it in a terrible way , just that there's one in our local village and I like a holiday to feel different in some way. I think you're right though- it will probably be best for our young family and we will get a bit of a break wishful thinking

CreamyCooler Mon 04-Nov-13 18:48:37

My best friend just back from Bluewater and loved it and I've heard really good things on Mumsnet, we are going next Easter. Someone will come along in a bit with more info to help you. I guess it depends where you live an how far you want to travel. If you can still go in Term time then Centre Parcs is a good deal freeing up more money towards extras.

CreamyCooler Mon 04-Nov-13 19:06:43

Sorry I mean Bluestone not Bluewater.

givemeaclue Tue 05-Nov-13 08:15:02

Personally I would go for Cape Verde out of those! Sunshine! Have done centre parcs and bluestone. Didn't like bluestone it's like a housing estate, with a swimming pool. I know what you mean about cafe rouge etc, doesn't have the wow factor holiday appeal. Guessing Cape Verde a lot more expensive though but voting for that if you can afford it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now