Help me work out how to get to the airport cheaply and easily - please, please!

(7 Posts)
LingDiLong Sat 02-Nov-13 18:25:25

I'm off to Dubai in a couple of weeks and flying from Gatwick at 9.45. I'm in South Wales and working til 6pm the day before. I'm trying to work out the best way to do this...I think it's probably cheapest to get a train down the night before and stay in a hotel. Thing is, I can't work out how I'll get from the train station to the hotel! It'll be late too, train will get in at gone midnight. Other option is obviously one of those drive/park/fly deals of which there are hundreds.

Help! Has anyone had to do this before, what was the best hotel/best way to get there? Oh, it's only me - no kids or anything going.

SoldeInvierno Sat 02-Nov-13 19:52:37

Get a hotel In the terminal. There is a Hilton there which is ok but a bit noisy

JoePerry Sat 02-Nov-13 20:23:34

I live in bristol and always get a national express it's about £12 return from bristol. I know they run from everywhere and drop you direct at the airport terminal

LingDiLong Sat 02-Nov-13 20:32:43

Ah, brilliant JoePerry, I hadn't thought of that! That's definitely the cheapest option. I can travel overnight, it'll cost me £28.

Thanks both. At least now I can price up the most convenient (terminal hotel) and the cheapest.

homebythesea Mon 11-Nov-13 13:08:19

Airport hotels offer free parking for the duration of your holiday - could you not just drive?

PicaK Mon 18-Nov-13 08:20:48

we stayed at the travelodge in gatwick - there are buses from terminal to there.

magimedi Mon 18-Nov-13 08:39:09

Bit late to this - but there is now a Premier Inn at Gatwick North terminal, walk across a road to check in (all under cover). DH & I stayed there earlier this year - £60 for the room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now