Recommendations for family cars which fit three child seats in the back??

(11 Posts)
JennyAnne84 Mon 28-Oct-13 21:10:47

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if people can help me by recommending family sized cars which can fit three child seats in the back and also has some boot space. We have a 23 month old and I recently found out I am pregnant with twins!!

We only replaced our car in June but it is not big enough for three kids so we need to change it again! We do not have a massive budget and want something which isn't a gas guzzler or very expensive on the servicing/MOTs...

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Are we just looking at MPVs or are there some estates out there?

Thanks in advance

J

Camwombat Tue 29-Oct-13 13:06:20

Firstly, congratulations.

My neighbours have three children, and they have a citreon c8. This has an additional two seats in the back, so is a 7 seater.

We have a mondeo estate, which is the biggest estate car on the market, Ive not tried three seats in it, but it definately takes two plus another passenger in the back.

A friend has three who are on a combination of booster seats and car seats, as a family they have a qashqai+2.

Hopefully someone will come along who has used three car seats.

MabelBee Tue 29-Oct-13 13:10:27

We have a Citroën C4 Picasso. It has three isofix points so we have three car seats in the back and there are 2 extra seats which fold down in the boot. There is easily space for our twin pushchair plus single pushchair.

mummymeister Tue 29-Oct-13 19:55:25

We have a ford galaxy and this is the 4th one that we have owned from when they were little kids to now teenagers. you need one with a proper centre seat belt not a lap one

haverer Tue 29-Oct-13 20:04:32

Renault scenic and vauxhall Zafira can take 3 child seats. But it really depends on the car seat combinations. It's a bit like Tetris fitting them in without buckle-crunch.

Ruthiebabes Tue 29-Oct-13 22:50:34

Vauxhall Zafira... Spacious car, not too expensive, great boot size when using it as 5 rather than 7 seater.

joanofarchitrave Tue 29-Oct-13 22:55:00

Citroen Picasso or similar. There are a billion of them so a 2nd hand one will be cheap. They are phenomenally roomy. They are genuinely comfortable, like all Citroens - DH has a bad back but it's a lot better since the arrival of ours.

JadziaBats Tue 29-Oct-13 22:57:59

My Citroen Xsara Picasso holds 3 car seats easily. V comfy car to drive too and it's not massive when it comes to parking. I like the short bonnet & flat boot as it makes parallel parking a doddle.

itwillgetbettersoon Wed 30-Oct-13 08:08:06

Smax

jerryfudd Wed 30-Oct-13 08:14:07

I did it other way round - twins then found out expecting another. We went for smax. Love it. Just had our second. Fits all the seats across back and has 2 extra seats in boot when needed. Good boot space and handy little storage spaces

Flicktheswitch Wed 30-Oct-13 08:17:29

Had friends who had an smax and loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now