Advice for booking short trip to Disneyland Paris

(16 Posts)
30ish Mon 21-Oct-13 19:44:41

We are looking to book a 3/4 night trip to Disneyland Paris for a family of four in October 2014. DD will be just 8 and DS will be 4. They are having two weeks instead of the usual one week break from school so it seems ideal to go just outside normal term time. How and where will I find the best deal? Is it better to stay at a hotel on the park or a nearby hotel and travel in? Should we fly or take the euro train? All tips and advice welcome. Thanks.

Pleasenomorepeppa Tue 22-Oct-13 15:49:40

We're going next week with a 10.7 old, 6.10 yr old, 4.5 yr old & 2 10 month olds!
We've been every year for the last few years & this is our first Halloween trip thlgrin.
We always book through DLP & stay on site.
Be prepared for it to be a very expensive break. Food is the main expense. We take food from breakfast for lunch or buy sandwiches from the shop in the station.
We always get meal vouchers & usually get the premium ones as the 2 girls want to meet Princesses & the easiest way to do this is by eating at the Auberge De Cendrillon, not cheap but full of Princesses & no queuing!!
Staying on site also gives you 2 extra hours in the park in the morning. Not all rides are open then, but it means we don't have a queue for some of the popular rides!
We also go by Eurostar. We did drive one year at Christmas & that was fine too. We also managed to pick up some supermarket goodies on the way home thlgrin.

30ish Wed 23-Oct-13 20:32:35

Thank you for your reply! Have a great time.

allnewtaketwo Sat 26-Oct-13 21:12:26

I found travelrepublic good on prices. Stayed offsite and to be honest on a short break, a more expensive on site disney option may be a waste of money IMO as we were busy in the parks from early till late anyway

30ish Sun 27-Oct-13 19:50:23

Thanks Allnew. So unsure as to whether we should stay on or off site!

tallulah Mon 28-Oct-13 17:42:04

We've been twice. The first time we stayed at l'Elysée Val d'Europe and the second time we stayed on site (Sequoia). Really I would say that staying on site was so much better. We had a free bus from Val d'Europe but it was a real scrum, and didn't once turn up for the return journey. so we had a taxi one night and train the rest.

You can walk to the parks from the Sequoia so we went back to the hotel at lunch time for a swim and a bit of a rest - ideal when you are waiting for the fireworks.

We booked direct with DLP when their special offers were on, so got a good price both times. We drove ourselves and used Le Shuttle,which was by far the cheapest way to travel.

lottysmum Wed 06-Nov-13 18:22:34

I'm just back from DLP...there was a group of us ....some drove using Eurotunnel or used the ferry crossing.....some families stayed in a Gite 35 minutes away which was amazingly cheap at £50 per person for the week....if you can get Annual Passes they are much cheaper and will save you allot of money ...these can be brought from a company called CE Multi Advantages that are based in France you will pay 159 Euros for an annual pass for 365 days for an adult and just 39 Euros for a child (there are lower priced restrictive passes)...These passes will give you free parking and between 10-20% of food and gifts too... Having a Gite will give you total flexibility and you can dip in and out the park...go for the morning and then come home and go in later (you get the early hours admission with the annual passes). Otherwise I would look to stay in maybe the Tulip Hotel in Bussey St Georges ....Its just 2 stops on the main RER line from Disneyland Paris and you can also get into Paris too... I spoke to a number of people who had stayed in the hotels who were very disappointed - the worst reviews I had were the most expensive of the Disneyland hotels which was said to be very dated .... If you stay at Bussey St Georges - there is a lovely bakery....Carrefour and some non fast food restaurants - which after 3 day's of the same food you will be grateful for ....

NorthernShores Wed 06-Nov-13 18:25:37

We're wondering about going early next year, but we really don't have much budget and were wondering about staying off site. £50 per a person for a gite?! Any clues as to where/how?

We stayed as a couple between paris and eurodisney one year and managed free eurostart somehow. It was ever so cheap, however we didn't have kids, so trying to work it all out now!

cathpip Wed 06-Nov-13 18:37:24

We booked with DLP and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, got a good deal with meal vouchers etc. we saved a lot of money by driving, we went Nov 2012 and it was cheaper for us to drive a discovery from North Yorkshire including the tunnel then getting to London and going on the Eurostar. Also with the car you can go to the supermarket and stock up on sandwiches and snacks.

NorthernShores Wed 06-Nov-13 18:38:46

Ooh I think the Tulip was the one we stayed in as a couple...

kerala Wed 06-Nov-13 18:46:14

Just got back it was dire cannot see what the fuss is about. Luckily only there for the day spent rest of time in Paris. Cannot believe people would go to all that way and spend days in a plastic dated theme park when there is one of the most beautiful cities in the world 30 mins away. Baffling.

lottysmum Wed 06-Nov-13 18:57:32

Our group stayed http://www.gites-de-france.com/location-vacances-Verdelot-Gite-LA-ROSOTE-77G31.html
There are allot more to choose from - just use google - remember to factor any charges like cleaning etc

NorthernShores Wed 06-Nov-13 19:52:47

kerala - we fully intend to do both! Hence looking at staying between the two. That's a bit like going to Legoland, Windsor and not going into London -we've done that but its a different type of break.

The children will love Disneyland, friends have been, they want to go etc.... We're looking forwards to showing them Paris!

kerala Wed 06-Nov-13 21:12:08

I know numerous families who just went to Disneyland and not Paris! We were also surprised at the number of adults there without kids. Surely a theme park aimed at under 10s an odd

kerala Wed 06-Nov-13 21:13:29

Sorry pressed too soon - place for twentysomething couples to visit? Whole place felt really 90s to me

toucancancan Wed 06-Nov-13 21:18:32

We booked easyjet flights in jan and stayed at Sequoia for four nights/ five days this october. Cost under than £1000 for two adults and two kids. Take snacks and fill up bottles with water from fountains just outside the park. We made up rolls for lunch with breakfast buffet. Spent about £500 there which included taxi transfer from airport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now