Help me find a holiday to suit all of us...

(13 Posts)
Ezza1 Thu 17-Oct-13 18:40:43

Desperate for a holiday! We have had a few rough years financially so have been unable to go anywhere but we are now in a position to be able to afford a good getaway however how do I find somewhere to suit us all?

Hoping to travel in August 2014 - 4 DCs plus me and DP - DCs ages will be 16, 12, 4 and just under 1.

Can be UK or abroad - would like good weather though (!) - and I really don't want to drive. Thats about it!

Any suggestions?

zumo Fri 18-Oct-13 07:10:28

Cruise, loads to do or quiet the choice is yours, do the trips ashore your self as far cheaper

Artandco Fri 18-Oct-13 07:18:06

Get a 2/3 bed apartment within a holiday/ hotel complex. That way the elder two can share one room, the younger either in your room or seperate if enough bedrooms.

Then you get all the benefits of hotels ie children can meet others their age/ can get food in restaurants/ children's clubs and entertainment ( prob most for 4 year old). Plus the benefits of self catering as will have a kitchen and terrace/ balcony you can sit on in the evening with wine if younger two asleep, and elder two can stay watching entertainment/ playing pool, etc etc

Try Spain and Greek islands. Bulgaria or morrocco would get you cheaper options

Ezza1 Fri 18-Oct-13 20:25:14

I like the idea of a cruise zumo , thanks, will have an evening browsing to see whats available.

Villa/apartment sounds a good idea - accommodation for 6 of us is going to be problematic I can see so s/c is probably our best option.

I just still don't know where I want to go! I fancy France, Italy, possibly Spain. .. confused Or somewhere in the UK? confused Aargh.

CreamyCooler Sat 19-Oct-13 15:41:21

I'd go for a Mark Warner holiday if budget allows. There's lots to do for your DC and you and your DP and you would get a proper break from cooking etc. That way your teens would have stuff to do. You could book 2 interconnecting rooms plus there would be no driving.

suebfg Sat 19-Oct-13 20:35:31

How far do you want to travel? Thailand and Mexico are great for all ages and no need to drive as cabs/public transport very cheap

EmmaP1 Tue 22-Oct-13 16:13:20

2 bedroom apartments are not that hard to come by these days.
Try looking at the Hi! Montemar Apartments in Cala Llonga, Ibiza these have 2 bed apartments and kids club, entertainment etc and are pretty close to the beach. Only downside is that there are a few steps which can be a pain with a buggy but not too bad.
In Majorca look at the A10 Sol del Alcudia in Alcudia as this has a great entertainment team too or the Viva Sunrise which again has alot of facilities and you can do self catering, half board or even all inclusive there. We've been there with Lastcheck.co.uk before and found it pretty reasonable.

LifeTooShort Sat 02-Nov-13 21:56:51

Sani Resort in Greece. 2 hour flight, great weather, 4 different hotels to suit different budgets. Lots of family accommodation including 2 bedroom family suites. Kids club, loads of entertainment. 22 bars, 18 restaurants all built round a purpose built marina. It's fab!

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 03-Nov-13 16:40:25

James villa holiday resorts have lots of 2 bed places in resorts so you will have restaurants and facilities www.jamesvillas.co.uk/holiday-resorts.

Or our friends came back from a Neilson holiday this summer - had a fab time,hardly saw the DCs as they were off learning to sail and do watersports. They have family friendly accomodation so you aren't all in the same room.

Or La Manga in Spain has lovely apartments and football and tennis clubs. However everything including the restaurants are very pricey.

Ezza1 Wed 06-Nov-13 13:54:26

Thanks for all the ideas. I've been googling like a loon grin Spoilt for choice really and still undecided.

Has anyone ever done a Keycamp holiday without driving? I've been looking at this as a cheaper alternative but not sure if any Italy parcs (or S. France for that matter) are accessible without a car?

CreamyCooler Wed 06-Nov-13 15:47:56

Do mean fly and hire a car or no car at all?

Ezza1 Wed 06-Nov-13 16:42:39

No car at all creamy

34DD Thu 07-Nov-13 16:12:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now