Car seat options for car hire in Majorca

(11 Posts)
chicaguapa Thu 17-Oct-13 21:05:30

Car hire tip... they have desks on the luggage side too so when you land, get one of you to leg it to the desk while the other one waits for the luggage. You'll still have to wait but you'll have less of a queue behind you.

chicaguapa Thu 17-Oct-13 21:02:00

Easyjet are fine about taking your own car seats. We used to take ours in the hold and never had a problem. Just tie up the straps and make sure they can't get caught in a conveyor belt.

I wouldn't use car hire ones either.

nancy75 Thu 17-Oct-13 20:57:50

Have taken car seats many times on Easyjet, never had a problem. For your older child you can buy a booster from about £7 in halfords, we took one away a couple of years ago & just left it there

ubik Thu 17-Oct-13 20:57:06

we used trunki boosters for four year old and six year old. Prepare yourself for the long wait for the car keys at the airport hmm Hopefully not as bad in October.

May09Bump Thu 17-Oct-13 20:54:45

I'd print it out and take it with me just in case of any problems.

May09Bump Thu 17-Oct-13 20:53:22

support.easyjet.com/faq/en/request.do?view()=c%7B2eb7a020-ced8-11e2-ef6e-000000000000%7D

looks like from last paragraph that they carry them for free in the hold.

tiredange Thu 17-Oct-13 16:46:12

Thanks. I'm trying to find the easy jet rules on taking car seats. Feel everyone is out to rip me off! I'm not sure if they will charge for me to put them into hold...will keep trying to find out.

May09Bump Wed 16-Oct-13 21:37:57

I don't know about easyjet rules, but would recommend taking your own seats. Some of the hire ones we have rented there have been very dangerous and dirty. We have an average size 4.5yr old and only just feel comfortable with a booster seat - I would keep the full size for now.

It is such a pain to haul them about, but worth the piece of mind in the end.

tiredange Wed 16-Oct-13 21:32:23

Thanks. Just don't want to pay ridiculous car hire costs to have a dirty car seat which doesn't work. May have to take a full seat for 3 year old. Anyone know the rules of this on easy jet?

noramum Wed 16-Oct-13 20:41:28

We got a trunki Boostapak and love it. It is too awkward for DD, 6, to wear it as a backpack but it is handy as handluggage. Not a lot of space but better than just a booster seat.

We got it when DD was 4. I would be reluctant to use a booster for a 3 year old. DD is above average for height but it is not the most comfortable seat and she loved to nap in the car and it really looks uncomfortable.

I think the weight limit is 15kg but as long as a child fits in the lower car seat range they should stay in it. For your 5 year old it is absolutely fine.

tiredange Wed 16-Oct-13 20:11:03

We're heading to Majorca for half term and as usual have left everything to last minute. Booking hire car but am shocked at charges for car seats €60-80 per seat fir a week. We are travelling with DS 5&3. We are travelling easy jet. Should I buy cheap booster seats and take wit us or I've seen trunki boostapak seats and bubblegum? Anyone have experience with either of these. Can I use for 3 year old. He is nearly 100cm and approx. 16 kg (a big boy!). Thanks in advance...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now