Anyone been to Sa Coma in Majorca?

(12 Posts)
toolatetobed Fri 11-Oct-13 00:06:44

Grateful for any information. In particular, anxious to avoid places that are really loud/full of people getting drunk - not our scene!

TIA

magentastardust Fri 11-Oct-13 00:14:26

Only to visit friends staying there for the day/evening. Didn't look my cup of tea -the beach /bay area looked very nice and lovely and shallow for children , however the hotels and resort area looked pretty touristy to me -I think it is more familys than 18-30's though.
I was only there for the day though.

bananananacoconuts Fri 11-Oct-13 00:24:24

Been to Club Bouganvilla park and although it was 15 years ago, it still looks fairly similar. The beach at s'illot is much nicer, but they neighbour each other so not really any further to walk. It was up and coming as a tourist area when we went but apparently it's quite bustling, although with families and not 18-30's. All that kind of stuff happens on the other side of the island. One thing i do remember is the transfer to and from the airport took forever!

toolatetobed Fri 11-Oct-13 12:12:45

Thank you for the replies. I am OK with touristy as my children will be 13 and 11 when we go and my 13-year-old in particular will want to find other kids of a similar age to make friends with. However, I would like to avoid places that are "tacky". I would like somewhere from where I can go for a nice walk (whether that's along the sea front, into countryside or in a built up area that is pleasant to stroll through). A nice beach is a must. As my children are at an age where they want a bit of independence, somewhere that is safe for kids is important. Not that we would let them go roaming all over the resort alone, but they might (say) want to pop to a local shop on their own.

magentastardust Fri 11-Oct-13 12:21:00

I would head for Puerto Pollensa in that case -pine walk , nice beach , touristy enough that there are people about but not full of tacky themed bars and kiss me quick hats!

Mum2Fergus Fri 11-Oct-13 19:18:42

We stayed at Thomson Vista Badia in July last year...had a great time! Beach was fab but spent most time by the pool with DS who would have been 3 at the time. That particular resort have 3/4 different hotels all in close walking distance...waterpark, safari, golf etc.

Ruthiebabes Sat 12-Oct-13 12:10:49

Puerto Pollensa would be my recommendation.. Lovely beach, Pine Walk is great for walks with beautiful scenery.. Love it there.

bananananacoconuts Sat 12-Oct-13 12:44:54

Camp de mar is also nice as is santa ponca (it's a different place to santa ponsa)

Yes! We stayed at the Protur Biomar. The hotel was fantastic in every way so we didn't leave it much. It was a touristy area but not in a drunk way- just lots of gift shops. Beach was fine too.

toolatetobed Sat 12-Oct-13 16:31:56

Thanks all for the replies. Question to those of you who have stayed in any of the Protur hotels (Vista Badia/Biomar/a different Protur hotel in Sa Coma) can you give me an idea of what kind of people stayed there? To explain what I mean by that, I want to make sure I am not booking somewhere where there are loads of parents taking no responsibility for their children, with the result that there are children running around on their own making a lot of noise very late at night. Obviously, I know that there will be loads of kids around making normal child noise during the day and evening. But children behaving badly because their parents have no idea where they are or what they are doing is a another matter. Also, would you recommend these hotels for teenage children?

We haven't ruled out Puerto Pollensa. If anyone has any accommodation recommendations (we prefer self-catering) let me know! We would particularly like to find somewhere where my 13-year-old is likely to find other kids of a similar age to hang out with.

Some of the other Protur hotels (the ones next to Biomar were far more lively) but Biomar was very relaxing. There's also an adult only pool there and we escaped for an hour whilst the kids were in the art hut. Lovely swim up bar and spa there.
The hotel is 5* so they wouldn't take any messing around. We had a suite which was lovely.
The food was the best hotel food I've had and they have a show cooking night once a week which was out of this world. We'll definitely go there again.
There's a water park a few mins away and lots of entertainment (tennis courts, climbing wall etc) on the complex but is shared with other hotels

toolatetobed Sat 12-Oct-13 20:18:00

Thank you, all useful stuff to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now