Anyone made any 2014 Holiday plans yet?

(96 Posts)
magentastardust Sat 05-Oct-13 22:01:33

What us everyone hoping to do for holidays next year-let's hear it folks smile

NickNacks Sat 05-Oct-13 22:03:19

Off to Florida at Easter. Great because we haven't even been on this year's holiday yet!

youbethemummylion Sat 05-Oct-13 22:05:00

Off to the Forest of Dean at Easter, log cabin with a hot tub in the forest, cant wait.

PoppyWearer Sat 05-Oct-13 22:06:38

Desperate for a big holiday overseas after a few years of staycations with young DCs, but we've been dipping into our savings to pay for stupid stuff like car repairs and dentistry angry

I'd like to lurk and be jealous of other posters' plans though.

mydoorisalwaysopen Sat 05-Oct-13 22:11:07

Loads of people booked into the cottage I had my heart set on. the owner had promised me a certain week and has Already let to someone else as is the whole of the summer holidays. Grrrr!

AngelsWithSilverWings Sat 05-Oct-13 22:16:58

Off to Eurocamp in Wassenaar,Holland in May. Really looking forward to the easy journey as we are getting the ferry from Harwich which is less than an hour from our house. Can't wait!

ShadeofViolet Sun 06-Oct-13 09:55:28

Rhodes in August. Can't wait.

CreamyCooler Sun 06-Oct-13 10:41:46

I'm of to Atlantis the Palm in Dubai for Feb half term, then a long weekend in Wales at Easter but haven't sorted out the Summer yet. Possibly Greece but have found holidays get get a bit tricker once DC are teens.

chicaguapa Sun 06-Oct-13 10:47:40

Loads planned! smile

Jan - a weekend in Bruges (booked)
Feb half term - a few days in Stratford upon Avon
Easter - a week in the Lakes at MIL's
May half term - camping in Pembrokeshire
Summer - 2 weeks' camping in France + Green Man Festival (booked)

<hopes the weather will be like this year>

March - delayed 40th, off to Cellar Can Rocca in Girona, best restaurant in the world grin

May - early summer holiday with the twins this time at Martinhal, brilliant family resort in Portugal

Summer - PILs holiday cottage near Selsey

For the first time in many years we won't have to stick to school summer holidays. smile.
This is because DS1 will finish A levels and DS2 GCSEs in June and so we can go away early July. It should be cheaper but I don't know where we will go yet. It needs to have other teenagers, be hot, lots of water activities.
DH has suggested we go on a longer holiday as well. It would have to be multi centred as I wouldn't want more than 10 days in one place.

I would love to go away Easter and May half term but DS1 wants to stay at home and revise.

MikeLitoris Sun 06-Oct-13 13:50:14

One of those holiday village type place in turkey for a week in may. All inclusive, kids clubs and slides for the dc.

Hopefully a week in Cyprus when the two eldest dc go with their dad for a week in September.

crochetkate Sun 06-Oct-13 13:52:17

Does a honeymoon count? 2 weeks in April at the sensatori Mexico

sweetestcup Sun 06-Oct-13 14:29:03

Have booked 2 weeks in a cottage in Provence in South of France, we drive there and just chill with our own pool. Booked it to cheer myself up when I returned from this years holiday a few weeks ago in California.

bakingaddict Sun 06-Oct-13 14:36:03

I have 2014 and 2015 sorted

Next year half term Dorset and for Aug cottage in Tenby and for 2015 Malaysia and Singapore

Awks Sun 06-Oct-13 14:42:05

Florida in March and then it's our 25th wedding anniversary in June so we are going off for 10 days on the train to Germany then down through the Swiss alps on the Bernina Express to Italy. Our actual anniversary is in Rome then on to Venice for 2 nights and fly home from there. Just me and dh and our rucksacs he will carry my straighteners grin

I've booked the Atlantica Camera in Crete for May in a swim up suite so very excited about that. Also camping in Brittany in September. Hoping to squeeze a break in somewhere too.

Branleuse Sun 06-Oct-13 14:47:29

have booked eurocamp near st tropez for May holidays.

also dp has booked the whole of august off work, so we can travel about, but we havent planned what we will do

Portofino Sun 06-Oct-13 16:57:03

We have booked 2 weeks with Keycamp in the Ardeche for 2 weeks in July. We normally come back to UK for a week at Easter, and have 3 weeks in the summer, but we are back in UK for Xmas this year.

So the jury is out on having a 3rd week in July somewhere else in France - a canal boat or Morzine are top faves at the mo. Or taking 2 weeks at Easter and going to Italy. Dd would like to go to Pompeii.

Lizzylou Sun 06-Oct-13 17:24:22

We have booked 2 weeks in Sivota, Greece for next August. One of those Neilson holidays so action packed.
Bit worried I will get lyncged if I just sit by the pool with my kindle grin

WhereToGoForReferal Sun 06-Oct-13 19:33:33

Booked a lovely detached villa with a pool in a quiet part of Spain. Glad I booked early as it's already full for the school holidays. Got a good price on flights from our local airport too which is very unusual!!!

DS has special needs so we have to book early to make sure we can get exactly what we want - as long as ds is happy then we will all have a good holiday!

lade Sun 06-Oct-13 20:22:50

Just tonight, I booked two weeks in Ayr.

We gave the DDs the choice between EuroDisney and the Commonwealth games. They chose the Commonwealth games.

So we're going to stay in Ayr, and travel over to Glasgow, and tour the area whilst we're there.

It's not going to be a cheap holiday!

sweetestcup Sun 06-Oct-13 21:53:53

lade I live in Ayrshire and I can recommend Culzean country park, we are NTS members so get it cheaper but I just adore the beach there!

UsedToBeNDP Sun 06-Oct-13 21:59:50

May half term in NYC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now