Flying with 4 month old and no pushchair?

(10 Posts)
Lorelei353 Wed 02-Oct-13 12:47:55

I'm travelling London - Dublin soon with 4 month old DS. We have a bugaboo cameleon but think it's too unwieldy to bring, especially since we need to bring a car seat with us (can't borrow one there and car rental firms will only rent car seats for 9 months+).

So, we can take car seat with bugaboo base and check them in and then just carry DS in a sling at the airport, but I'm worried about frame getting wrecked and that DS will have nothing to nap in if we get delayed (except Baby Bjorn sling).

Anyone done this. Alternative plan is to buy a second hand pushchair that can lie flat and being that up to the gate. Problem is we then have to Carr car seat and since we live in London we're relying on public transport to get to Gatwick.

Any advice?

DaftAda Wed 02-Oct-13 12:56:11

Can you get hold of a second hand quinny zapp? The car seat would fit on to the frame (you have to remove the fabric and put on the car seat adaptors) which you could then wheel up to the plane. The frame folds so small you can sometimes take them on as hand luggage.

timetosmile Wed 02-Oct-13 13:02:57

I cant advise about brands but I would get some kind of stroller.
Not only to put the baby in but to dump luggage in remove baby first and hook stuff on it. Can one of your friends lend you one or buy a cheap one? They are a Godsend rather than an encumbrance in airports I think.

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:35:30

That quinny zapp sounds great!

I thought the consensus would be to get a pushchair. That's my instinct but dh disagrees.

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:41:20

Hmm Quinny Zapp seems to be suitable from 6 months plus, so not really going to work.

SweepTheHalls England Wed 02-Oct-13 13:48:06

That's why you use the adaptors and put the car seat in it. Whilst you are over there, she just goes in the car seat on the zapp framesmile smile

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:49:55

Duh. Of course. Thanks.

MrsBungle Wed 02-Oct-13 13:52:21

You can get a travel bag for the bugaboo.

LadyGoodman Wed 02-Oct-13 13:55:08

Petite Star are from birth i think and arent too expensive.

DS and i fly every couple of months and we did slings until he was sitting then bought a £20 stroller from tesco for our trips. I am sure he would be fine in the sling.

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Oct-13 14:15:35

ladygoodman you don't find it a problem not having a buggy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now