Florence - what to do in an afternoon?

(11 Posts)
icecubed Wed 25-Sep-13 17:09:10

Am going with work - will probably have a long afternoon to have a look around what is a must and what is not worth doing?

Thanks

LifeofPo Wed 25-Sep-13 17:47:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

icecubed Wed 25-Sep-13 18:36:25

Thanks vv excited goung on Monday

ModeratelyObvious Thu 26-Sep-13 12:39:08

Santa Maria Novella and the Duomo square.

Crutchlow35 Thu 26-Sep-13 13:13:43

TBH, I would just wonder around. No time to see museums or anything significant in one afternoon. I would take a walk, get a coffee or an icecream and enjoy.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 26-Sep-13 13:24:40

I would recommend renting a bike and cycling around. You can get a fabulous dutch style crusing bike from an UK firm called Tuscany Bike tours It is a great way to get a feel for Florence without walking for hundreds of miles. You don't have to be an expert cyclist to do it either as the bikes are amazingly sturdy things.

DelGirl Thu 26-Sep-13 17:52:04

I would wander too and take it in with an gelato or two! If you go over Ponte Vecchio bridge then head up the hill on your left, that will take you up to a viewing area from which you can see most of Florence. It's well signposted. Enjoy and take it easy.

icecubed Thu 26-Sep-13 22:53:04

Thanks all

LapinDeBois Mon 30-Sep-13 21:58:24

If the weather's nice I'd climb up the Duomo. It's not that hard, it's quite interesting to see the inside of the church and the dome as you climb, and you're rewarded by breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding hills from the top. Also, wander with ice cream grin.

DelGirl Fri 04-Oct-13 07:45:55

Did you enjoy Florence op?

icecubed Sun 06-Oct-13 19:10:45

Yes was great thanks did much wandering saw Duomo square and took a bus to see view over the city.

Also found the market for leather purchasesgrin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now