summer 2014 - Rhodes - 2 bedroom apartment - nice resort - suggestions please

(11 Posts)
girlywhirly Tue 01-Oct-13 14:38:22

We stayed at the Island Blue in Pefkos, it is part of the same group as Pefki Islands and Lindia Thalassa, and you can use all the pools and other facilities within the group. The Island Blue is the newest and has the main restaurant where you can have breakfast if you choose B&B, but it's perfectly possible to self cater for breakfast and lunch within the apartment as there is a kitchenette, and table and four chairs on the balcony. You could choose to eat out in the evenings or get take away food. The apartments have a separate bedroom with twin beds and own ensuite, the main room has twin beds pushed together, another ensuite and all the other things. Even the first floor apts have a ramp up to them rather than steps so ideal for buggies.

One thing that my DH found out though, is to do with air con. At the I. B. it is included in the price, at the P. I. they charge separately; in practice this means that although the P. I. seems a lot cheaper, when you add on the air con charge there isn't much difference.

Originally Pefkos was a fishing village, but due to popularity and increase in tourism it is quite 'British'. However, you won't find any yobs or pavement pizzas and it is very family orientated. You can get the public bus or a taxi to Lindos during the day or in the evening, we used to see people getting off the bus at around 10.30pm having had dinner in Lindos, and then going to a bar in Pefkos. There are noise restrictions after midnight so it isn't loud.

elizabethsmum Mon 30-Sep-13 22:07:05

lindos is beautiful but very busy with day trippers going to the acropolis. i stayed there about 15 years ago so not really up to date on info i'm afraid!

ShadeofViolet Mon 30-Sep-13 14:13:11

We are going to Pefkos next year - we are staying at Lindia Thalassa.

Onykahonie Sat 28-Sep-13 23:22:47

Haha, yes I remember the days before DIY holidays. I still like to browse a brochure!

The other resort is Gennadi: www.rhodesguide.com/travelguide/rhodes_beach_guide.php?ssp=3 The beach parties seem to be once a week, and the village and beach are separated, so probably not an issue.

biggertentplease Sat 28-Sep-13 23:00:11

Yes - bit of research will probably help. We try not to hire a car - although will if necessary - at least for part of hols. I now think pefkos might be ok for a base - have been looking at summer memories apartments and they look like our sort of place - not too big - lots of positive reviews on trip advisor

The link you provided gennadigardens - which resort is that in? I couldnt quite understand the link on the map and didnt see any reference to beach parties?

Oh - it was so much easier when we just went to the travel agent and let them find something suitable confused

Onykahonie Sat 28-Sep-13 21:48:52

I know what you mean, as we normally go to smaller resorts in Greece, but I'm think that something on the outskirts of Pefkos might suit us...quiet in the day and we could walk into the main resort on an evening if we wanted to (or not). We want a pool and we don't hire a car in Greece...if you'll have a car, you'll have a lot more options!

This is another option for us: gennadigardens.gr/ but I'm not sure about the resort and the mention of beach parties.

biggertentplease Sat 28-Sep-13 11:27:45

thanks onykahonie - that website looks good - i like the look of a few aparments on there.

Only problem - just spent half hour on trip advisor and although lots of good reviews about pefkos - there is one where the traveller labels it as a resort created for tourists - and that it is not authentic - and lacks character - although as a base it could still be good. I need to look into it a bit more. Lindos appeals in many ways but believe it gets mobbed by day visitors.

Onykahonie Fri 27-Sep-13 14:51:02

Hi, I'm looking for the same and thinking that Pefkos might suit us. I'm also waiting to try and find cheaper flights! Lots of accommodation here: www.pefkosexclusive.co.uk/accommodation.htm

biggertentplease Fri 27-Sep-13 14:00:36

Hi Elcranko.
Thanks for suggestsion - but yes it does have to be rhodes as we are then going over to turkey. Will keep looking just not sure which resort would be best. thanks

elcranko Wed 25-Sep-13 21:20:03

Does it have to be Rhodes?

If you would consider Corfu then I have a recommendation. Search for the Kanali Apartments in Sidari, Corfu. Very reasonably priced, 2 bed apartments available, right on the beach, GORGEOUS on site restaurant. We went in 2005 and loved it. I know people who've recently come back from there on my recommendation and they loved it too.

biggertentplease Wed 25-Sep-13 11:13:28

title says it all! Recommendations please - I want to book independently as waiting for cheap easyjet flights to be released for end July. We would prefer 2 bed apartment with pool (happy if shared). Or we could go for 1 bedroom with sofa beds in kitchen/living area. Dont want to spend a fortune. Nice resort - bit of culture - not loud discos until 4 in the morning. If anybody has recommendations that would be fabulous.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now