Ideas for Where to go for honeymoon with 18mth old son

(2 Posts)
lotsofthingstolearn Thu 19-Sep-13 06:41:34

my DP and I are after some MN recommendations

We're getting married next year (June) and looking for somewhere suitable for honeymoon- shorthall

Somewhere that little bit different / luxurious yet caters for children- thinking Portugal, Italy but also open to recommendations.

Somewhere near the beach and also "nice" town/bars & restaurants within walking distance so toddler can go to sleep in pram and no need to drive etc.

Thanks

queenjellybelly Sun 22-Sep-13 00:25:18

Have you looked at the Thomson family resorts? They really cater for your little ones which makes it so much easier for you to get on with enjoying your holiday. I've been to them most years since my 8yo dd was 18 months & can't fault any of the places we've stayed. If you want short flight, bit of luxury & plenty of nice evening sea front strolls then I can recommend hotel Bonaire in cala bona, Majorca. Coma gran in majorca is also lovely & practically right in the centre of sa coma, which has a fabulous though very busy beach. We're returning to the Bodrum Imperial in turkey next year which we love. Plenty to do at the hotel, choice of private beach or pool & you can even book 2 bedroom family rooms very cheaply for a bit of honeymoon privacywink. If you fancy a stroll out of the hotel though, this might not be for you. It's very isolated, though that doesn't bother us as its a village in itself, with its own weekly market. I don't work for thomsons, honest! Just always had good family holidays with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now