Where to go on holiday in November with 7-month old..?

(2 Posts)
NoviceDad Sun 15-Sep-13 19:02:18

Evening Mumsnetters,

My wife and I are hoping to book a holiday for a few days/a week in early November with our DD, who will be 7 months by then. We (and by 'we', I mean 'me') are a bit anxious about going away with her properly for the first time - and that's even before we get to the logistics of what to take and how to travel around with her. I'm sure most taxi-drivers would baulk at the idea of fixing an Isofix base to the back of their cab for a 10-minute ride from the airport.

But anyway, we are looking for a relatively cheap, shorthaul holiday ideally and wondered if anyone has any good suggestions on good destinations and maybe some advice to make things easier once we get there?!

Many thanks :-)

sameoldIggi Sun 15-Sep-13 23:02:56

I share your concerns, hence have mostly holidayed in the UK since dcs came! smile Self-catering cottages are a dream with kids.
Having flown with a baby though, the car seat issue - have you got a travel system? You can take it up to the plane, it goes in the hold and you get it (hopefully) on the other side. Then you have your infant carrier (minus isofix base) to put in taxi or hire car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now