Anyone want to help me with finding flights. I'm going mad now!

(14 Posts)
flipchart Sun 15-Sep-13 13:45:47

I've got roughly 10 days between March and the 6th April to go to Nepal.

Can anyone help me find the best priced flights to get there.
I've ended up confused and need an answer soon for work to book my time off!

Normally I like playing about with skyscanner but getting fed up now!

revealall Sun 15-Sep-13 13:52:57

Where are you leaving from?

I did the same dates a few years back. Have you got somewhere to stay?

MagzFarqharson Sun 15-Sep-13 13:59:41

Skyscanner, online or app you can't go wrong grin

flipchart Sun 15-Sep-13 14:02:40

We are leaving from Manchester.
It was suggested that we fly into Delhi.

Magz I've been on skyscanner for ages and getting bogged down now. I need a fresh pair of eyes to help me!!

Our travel budget is under £500 and we are sorting out accommodation once we have flights sorted

MagzFarqharson Sun 15-Sep-13 14:04:12

O sorry, you've tried it already? Why are you fed up wth it?

chickydoo Sun 15-Sep-13 14:08:27

I haven't done that route, but for a return Nepal pp I think will cost you more than £500

MagzFarqharson Sun 15-Sep-13 14:09:24

whoops I keep x-posting with you flip

I love skyscanner, if you want to give me some more details I'll happily look for you!

chickydoo Sun 15-Sep-13 14:13:42

Just had a look
Cheapest I can find from Manchester with Ethiad (sp) airways is £597 with one stop.
Prices then jump to £600+
Good luck

flipchart Sun 15-Sep-13 14:14:43

I'm fed up with it because I'm also booking flights to suit everyone for a trip to Portugal in October for 4 people, and a trip to Norway for 2 and February half term to anywhere where we can ski!!!

I'm sick of looking at the bloody thing!! grin I've been playing with combinations but need to tell work tomorrow what dates I'm having off (because other people want to book time in March and April as well and only two can be off at the same time)

I can go on irregular days eg go on a Tuesday and back on a Thursday and fly at anytime. THis will help to keep cost down I think.

What other details do you need Magz? I appreciate your help.

MagzFarqharson Sun 15-Sep-13 14:27:26

So is it a ten-day holiday any time in March up till 6 April?

How many people? Adults, children?

flipchart Sun 15-Sep-13 14:31:23

It's for 2 adults.
Not necessary 10 days but there abouts. More than a week, up to 2 weeks but could do 2 weeks 1 day if it meant a reasonable flight price.
(we are flexible!!!)

I'm taking my boys to hockey now so if you need to ask me anything I won't be back for a bit.

Thank you!

MagzFarqharson Sun 15-Sep-13 14:55:12

24 March to 02 April, as at 14:50 this Sunday. Cheapest is Qatar at 442, but says 32 hrs 30 return hmm. Next is Swissair at 446, and only 11hrs 20 on the return!

www.skyscanner.net/flights/man/del/140324/140402/airfares-from-manchester-to-delhi-in-march-2014-and-april-2014.html

ihatethecold Sun 15-Sep-13 16:24:18

have you thought of contacting the flight centre or sta travel?

flipchart Sun 15-Sep-13 17:36:13

Thank you so much Magz

My living room is covered with bits of paper with loads of different flight times for the various trips.

I hadn't looked at the flight centre ihatethecloud

I'll give that a go as well.

Nice people grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now