Cabin luggage query

(5 Posts)
hippysmum Sat 14-Sep-13 10:58:14

I am flying to the USA next week for a holiday and am only taking a cabin case. Am I able to also have a handbag or does this have to go in the case? Flying Air France and KLM is that makes a difference.

Thanks smile

specialsubject Sat 14-Sep-13 12:35:07

depends on the airline, where you are going and what class you are flying, so I can't answer from their websites. But Air France intercontinental does allow a handbag as well as your handbag.

this may not be valid if it is code share.

hippysmum Sat 14-Sep-13 15:16:02

Thanks. I haven't booked it myself but I imagine economy class and we are going to arrive at Dulles Airport, Washington DC.

hippysmum Sat 14-Sep-13 15:18:59

KLM apparently allow a handbag so that's great smile

Yonihadtoask Sat 14-Sep-13 15:44:04

I don't know about Air France and KLM, but I flew Amercian Airlines last year, with a cabin bag and a separate large handbag. The size allowance for the cabin bags was significantly larger than the size allowed on our budget airlines in the UK,such as Easyjet and Ryanair.

I suppose you will find out when you check in, and can just put your handbag inside if necessary.

You could have a look at Trip Advisor - there is an Air Travel section on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now