What are the beaches like in the Orlando area please?

(5 Posts)
MaggieW Fri 13-Sep-13 16:03:51

Thanks all. Yes laraeo, I am aware of the geography! Scone and Sparkle they sound like good options for a few days away from theme parks, thank you.

We did Cocoa Beach after visiting NASA over that way. Was a great afternoon until an amazing storm came in!

SconeRhymesWithGone Thu 12-Sep-13 03:05:23

I live in Florida.

It depends how far you want to travel. You have Gulf beaches in St. Petersburg/Clearwater area west of Orlando, and Atlantic beaches in Daytona/Ormond Beach/Cocoa Beach east. You would have 1-2 hr. drive depending on which area you went to. You could do a day trip or an overnight/weekend visit.

Atlantic side will have more waves; Gulf will be calmer. I have always had a fondness for Daytona, but it is not upscale, more funky-tacky Florida beach town.

laraeo Thu 12-Sep-13 01:56:02

There are no beaches near Orlando. It's in the middle between the Gulf Coast & Atlantic.

MaggieW Wed 11-Sep-13 12:11:52

We've been to Miami before but would like to do the Disney thing with the kids before they're too old for it! I don't want to spend all holiday at theme parks so just wondered what the beaches are like please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now