Holiday without a phone.

(10 Posts)
anon2013 Sun 08-Sep-13 22:42:59

I have a week break in the sun with my family soon and I'm debating leaving my mobile phone at home. I've brought it on the last few holidays as it has my music on it but tend to spend the time looking at Facebook etc rather than just relaxing with a book. All my nearest and dearest will be with me and the OH will have his in case of emergency. Should I leave it behind?

We lock ours in the room safe and check text messages once a day. Works well.

specialsubject Mon 09-Sep-13 10:18:25

yes, of course. You managed for years without it.

take a simple phone-only phone for emergencies. And some good books or a kindle.

Ragwort Mon 09-Sep-13 10:21:21

Of course you can ! I have never taken a mobile on holiday. I am clearly not so important that people need to be in contact with me 24/7. grin. But then I don't bother with facebook/twitter/internet access anyway. luddite.

specialsubject Mon 09-Sep-13 12:28:30

BTW continual updating of facebook while on holiday tells the world that you are not at home. 'Please burgle me'

put your snaps up when you get back.

PeachesForMe Mon 09-Sep-13 12:29:34

Yes I do this very time I go on holiday. Otherwise it isn't a holiday, it's checking Twitter in a different setting blush

anon2013 Mon 09-Sep-13 12:39:55

I think I'm going to leave it at home. I'll miss my music but I'll live, thanks for your help. I just feel sorry for the people asking me to play candy crush saga that won't get a reply for 7 days! grin

PeachesForMe Mon 09-Sep-13 14:08:32

Is there another solution to the music thing?
Old MP3 player and a portable speaker?

noramum Mon 09-Sep-13 14:18:59

I always take it with me but I never have it on to access the internet. Far too expensive.

But I like that if DH and I get lost from another I can contact him or I had to text him to update a shopping list while he was out and I babysat our ill daughter.

anon2013 Tue 10-Sep-13 07:41:27

We're all inclusive so we won't be too far away from each other smile . I could see how much a cheap mp3 is nowadays, I'll look into it thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now