Any recommendations for hotels with stuff for teens and perhaps a watermark or some slides.

(6 Posts)
Fluffy1234 Fri 06-Sep-13 16:47:43

I'm looking for a hotel for next summer for myself, DH and DS's aged 14 and 15. We are after a hotel that attracts other teens and is not just geared up for younger children. DS2 enjoys water slides and organised activities. Dh and I would like the hotel to be right on the beach so we can just go for an hour or 2. DS1 doesn't like much except jacuzzis, snorkelling and eating. We have looked at Mark Warner but not sure if DS1 would join in the teen activities so holidays where we can do stuff together may work better. I've done lots of sightseeing
/twin centre holidays so fancy a week relaxing with a few trips. Thankyou.

revealall Fri 06-Sep-13 20:51:43

How about the perennial favourite - the cruise? Pick one that has Med stop off's such as Capri and Villefranche and you walk/get tendered of the boat straight to a beach. Plenty of water slides and activities for the older and the younger in the teen club.

Fluffy1234 Fri 06-Sep-13 22:10:19

Cruises are perfect but we've done 5 in the last few years and I really fancy a hotel next year, but thank you.

You are describing my holiday requirements Fluffy.
We have found large AI resort hotels work well, those with a choice of pools, restaurants and lots of sports. I hardly saw the DSs this year they were so busy. Plenty of girls other teens is a must though and seems so difficult to find.
Half way through this last holiday DS1 complained that although there were dozens of 17 year old girls they never moved off their sunbeds and so how was he supposed to meet them ? grin
Never done a cruise though. I've always been put off by the formality and the tipping minefield. What sort would suit 18 / 16 year old boys?

Fluffy1234 Sun 08-Sep-13 20:46:41

We've done Royal Caribbean, Disney, Carnival and NCL and they were all really good for families. I'm not sure if the teen club goes up to age 18 but there would definitely be lots for your 16 year old to do. Do you have any good hotel recommendations Secretscwirrels?

Fluffy We went here this year.
Don't be put off by Ayai Napa, the hotel is 5 miles away, a little isolated really but near good beaches and half a mile from a decent water park.
There is an air conditioned gym and an indoor pool which is cooler than the outdoor pools. Boys used those every morning and then spent from 11am to 4pm solid playing (well organised) water polo and water volleyball.
You can get a bungalow with a private pool. The only negative was that there were some adults only areas and DS1 is 17 nearly 18. He was was very resentful of being treated like a child. That wouldn't have been an issue a year earlier though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now