Centre Parcs for New Year

(6 Posts)
chickydoo Sat 31-Aug-13 19:28:07

We are looking to maybe go away for 4 nights over new year.
4 kids ages 9-18. So 6 of us in total.
We might do centre Parcs as it is cheaper than some of the other options. ( New York, Dubai) seems like most places offering 4 nights abroad are around 1k per person including flights, that's if there is any availability.
So which Centre Parcs do you think is the best? We went to Lonlgleat years ago, don't remember much about it, kids were little but they enjoyed it.
Anyone have any experience of any of the other venues.?

plipplops Sun 01-Sep-13 15:04:21

I've been to Longleat and Sherwood Forest (and just got back from one in France, Lac D'Aliette I think which was lovely). At Longleat the restaurants and things are more enclosed in the dome but at Sherwood they're sort of outside it (which I prefer as it's less sweaty but it's personal choice I guess). Longleat is much much hillier - very very difficult for kids to cycle but they have the land train that you just jump on instead. Otherwise I'd say they're very similar and I'd go to whichever one is closest. We went with friends over New Year a couple of years ago (to Longleat), kids were too small to go out at night but there was a big noisy fireworks display at midnight which sounded great for older ones.

MajesticWhine Sun 01-Sep-13 15:16:05

Ive been to all of the uk ones. Longleat is the prettiest and the hill shouldn't be a problem with kids over 9. We spent new year at elveden once and that was lovely. Sherwood was my least favourite.

chickydoo Sun 01-Sep-13 15:38:48

Thank you so much for your replies, think am verging on booking longleat as it's only an hour or so from us.
Going to try and get accommodation as close to the centre as we can to minimise hills. We are all fairly fit, so I think we will be ok
grin

PavlovtheCat Sun 01-Sep-13 15:40:33

I liked Longleat. Did Winter Wonderland, but children are younger than yours. I would quite like to do new year one time.

Fluffy1234 Sun 01-Sep-13 20:30:35

I've been to all four U.k ones and Longleat twice for Christmas. They decorate the dome really beautifully and arrange lots of special meals and activities. The Boxing Day champagne and jazz brunch was ver good. I would have thought they do the same for New Year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now