Car seat straps falling off - big trip tomorrow - help!

(7 Posts)
MummyUmizoomi Tue 03-Sep-13 09:20:06
MummyUmizoomi Tue 03-Sep-13 09:18:18

Besafe do a clip (google it) that keeps the straps on safetly. You could use it in the mc and then in the besafe when hes older and likes to try to escape...smile

specialsubject Thu 29-Aug-13 22:00:17

he's basically too big for the first seat. So it is an uncomfortable front seat passenger or an unsafe rear seat one.

octanegirl Thu 29-Aug-13 21:42:20

Yup it's got absolutely no insert.
And I agree re the rubber band...

The straps are on their highest setting (there are only two settings). They are now very far below his shoulders so basic physics makes them fall off.

If it had one more height setting for the straps it would be no problem.

chickensaladagain Thu 29-Aug-13 20:47:13

Daft question but you have taken the insert out of the maxi cosi haven't you?

QOFE Thu 29-Aug-13 20:46:15

A rubber band will do nothing to stop the straps falling off his shoulders in an accident. Absolutely nothing.

Are you sure the straps are adjusted correctly though as I can't imagine how or why they'd be falling off a baby's shoulders if done tight enough and positioned right.

octanegirl Thu 29-Aug-13 20:43:38

I have two cars seats - a MaxiCosi and now a BeSafe Izi Combi. LO is tall and the straps in the MaxiCosi fall off his shoulders constantly so I went out and bought the BeSafe so he'd fit and still rear face (he's 7.5months).
However it is HUGE and takes up so much room the passenger seat has to be way forwards which makes life uncomfortable for the passenger.
We have a 700 mile trip starting tomorrow morning.

OH wants us to use the MaxiCosi and use a rubber band to hold the shoulder straps together. I'm not sure that in the event of an accident a rubber band will stop the straps falling off.

I want to take the BeSafe even if it means the passenger being uncomfortable.
Opinions please! We leave at 5am!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now