Travel advice for travelling abroad with a 10 month old please

(12 Posts)
AC786 Tue 27-Aug-13 13:24:45

Does anyone have any tips for travelling abroad with a 10 month old please? What to do re food? General advice please?

GampyWabbit Tue 27-Aug-13 13:28:04

where are you travelling to?

inneedofrain Tue 27-Aug-13 13:29:29

Depends where you mean by abroad

Ie I live abroad we have

Baby food and baby milk
Nappies (pampers but under a different name)
We don't have capol or liquid nerophen but we have fab liquid paracetamol
We have great suntan lotion etc

So if your comming here don't worry kids are worshiped and you'll be able to buy everything you may forget

AC786 Tue 27-Aug-13 13:32:36

Not entirely sure yet. I usually make and freeze food. To travel, is it best to take pouches of ready made food? To make milk, do I use hotel tap water?

GampyWabbit Tue 27-Aug-13 13:47:17

How long do you plan to go for? If it is safe for you to drink the water, then it will be safe for your ds too. I would probably take a bit with me and then feed the baby bits of my meals - My dd3 was eating mussels in France year aged 12 months with no problems.

inneedofrain Tue 27-Aug-13 13:57:05

Definately do NOT use hotel tap water!

Out here we have bottled water which is certified as safe to use in making bottles up, it has a logo on the lable which is a teat inside a circle.

If your going by car then there is no harm taking a bit of your food with you for the trip and then using local food, ie mash it up etc.

AC786 Wed 28-Aug-13 06:42:35

How do you sterilise bottles in a hotel?!

GampyWabbit Wed 28-Aug-13 08:25:27

Cold water steriliser and Milton?

When and where are you going?? That will help us to help you with the info.

AC786 Mon 02-Sep-13 19:21:18

Thank you...Tunisia

alwaysontop Tue 03-Sep-13 09:12:32

We took our baby abroad at 10 months. He's our first. I took bottles and sterilising tablets - v easy. I was a bit cautious and took milk in bottles, pouches and weetabix for breakfast. Was told there was Lidl there but they were big out of town supermarkets and nithing in resort so would have been a nightmare trying to get baby food. He wasn;'t quite onto eating sandwiches/ what we're eating. For a week it was so easy and I'm glad we did, but I know many would think that was ott

alwaysontop Tue 03-Sep-13 09:13:05

PS Bidet was brilliant for sterilisng just made up solution which lasts 24 hours and kept chucking stuff in!!

alwaysontop Tue 03-Sep-13 09:14:03

Health visitor told me you can make up formula with Evian but not others as minerals are too high. I believe you can find the info on the NHS website. Have fun!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now