October half term holiday ideas

(3 Posts)

Crete offers a nice combination of beach and ancient history if that's your bag.

City break? How about Barcelona? Or New York, if the budget allows? Chicago is also fab if you fancy the USA?

cq Mon 26-Aug-13 19:42:17

So, DH has just informed me that he will be away on a business trip this October half term and won't be able to come away with me and the DCs.

Having spent all summer sorting out a house move, and staying at home to supervise builders apart from a quick week in Scotland, I was really looking forward to a week in the sun in October, relaxing and letting someone else do the cooking & cleaning.

So, please let me have suggestions for places I could take the kids (DS 14, DD12) where we can all have fun without me feeling like a spare part or having to ride roller coasters all day. Budget is fairly generous, commensurate with DH's guilt grin

We did a Mark Warner watersports holiday last October and all loved it, but the nicest part was that the DC's went off and had meals with their friends, leaving me and DH to have nice dinners on our own. But without him that would just be me, Betty NoMates. With my Kindle sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now