Florida - Tips For Disney hols - just back!

(26 Posts)
Mfer Thu 15-Jun-06 22:13:48

Just back from florida and know a few mumsnetters are planning to go in the future - haveing now done there are a few things I wish Id know before I went so if any of you have any specific questions on parks etc post and I will do my best to answer.

For example - Universal studios used to do a fast pass system like Disney for free - now you have to pay an extra $35 per head per day to get a Universal Plus pass which is ok if you are only going to go once but if like us you intend to visit a couple of times its expensive far better to get a park map in advance and plan the rides with military precision!!!

MOSagain Fri 11-Jan-13 18:16:29

Would be cheaper in my opinion to book things separately at that time of year. Have a look at BA flights and compare prices with Virgin. We normally fly BA into Orlando but last year saved £1,200 (for 6 of us) by flying into Tampa which was only an extra 20 mins drive.

For villas, have a look at www.loyaltyusa.com who are a company owned by an english lady who only manages luxury homes within 4 miles of Disney or have a look at http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/usa/F1895.htm -owner gives discount if you mention you are a Mumsnetter. Its a 4 bedroom villa with private pool, will be plenty hot enough at that time of year.

Tickets will depend on how much you want to cram in. If only a week you need to limit it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now