Trolley/wheels device for toddler car seat in airport

(10 Posts)
dldl Tue 06-Aug-13 23:00:19

Have seen lots of American friends use these items - found one called gogokidz travel mate on amazon.com but can't seem to find an equivalent UK version.

Is a trolley/set of wheels that attaches to your toddler car seat so you can wheel them through the airport and have your carseat whilst on holiday too.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a UK equivalent? I saw one years ago at Jojomamanbebe but can't find anything similar on their website now.

Thanks in advance.

RayofSun Tue 06-Aug-13 23:24:19

Have seen one for a baby set but not toddler. Not what you meant though, I guess?!

Mum2Fergus Wed 07-Aug-13 19:13:52

It's a good idea, but is it really value for money? Unless you're a fairly frequent flyer I'd not be convinced...

Mum2Fergus Wed 07-Aug-13 19:16:10

Forgot to mention, try Amazon. If they don't have that particular one there is usually a 'other buyers recommend' but which may offer some alternatives...

junkfoodaddict Wed 07-Aug-13 20:53:08

I have seen them for infant carriers but not stage 1 seats on jojomamanbebe site. We have an orange bag that our car seat is going to be transported into and because ity gets checked in at the check in desks, can not really see the value in them.

soapnuts Wed 07-Aug-13 21:03:06

I've got The gogobabyz - Can't remember where I bought it but have a feeling it was a European website.... Anyhow it's brilliant - I am a v frequent flyer though so it was worth it for me. Only worth it if you're taking the seat on the plane if you ask me... Having said that I think taking the seat on the plane is a brilliant idea - I wouldn't use it as a main push hair though - unless it's a short trip.... Depends on what you're using it for to be honest

MOSagain Wed 07-Aug-13 21:49:19

We've got a sit'n stroll car seat. It's for ages 1-4 (ish) and is amazing. A handle pulls out of the top and wheels fold out underneath for use as a stroller. The rest of the time used as a regular car seat. Made in USA but we got ours in the middle east and you may be able to get in UK. Use ours all the time and taking to USA next week

Kaffiene Sat 10-Aug-13 15:41:17

We used something like this and just bungee corded the seat on. Simple but effective www.towsure.com/product/Lightweight_Luggage_Trolley?catargetid=1666233605&cadevice=%7Bdevice%7D&gclid=CJuR3_KN87gCFcLHtAodbR8AbA

72vintage Mon 09-Sep-13 20:54:22

Hi, I have the gogokidz wheels for carseat. BEST item I bought. Just buy direct from USA. I am a single mum who has done 36 flights with my son between 12 weeks and age 3. This thing saved my life! Email me if you want to know m

72vintage Mon 09-Sep-13 20:57:19

Sorry iPhone typing. Hit send before finished. Email me at misslindahopkins@gmail.com - you need to make sure it will fit your car seat AND a car seat fits in plane if you plan on taking seat on plane with you. Lots of them are too wide. I bought britax eclipse specifically for this reason. Anyway email if you want to know more as I really rate this product and have been all over with it on many airlines. Cheers. Linda

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now