Any stopover recommendations around st malo area?

(9 Posts)
MumnGran Thu 01-Aug-13 01:10:13

Yeay.... have a great time!!

Thanks mumngran we have booked a family room it looks gorgeous thanks

MumnGran Wed 31-Jul-13 15:46:16

Yes, but as mine are adult now, I don't think they count for your purposes smile
However ....we were with family who did have younger children (3 & 7). The family room was unavailable when they booked, but they had a double with door connecting into a twin for the children. Worked brilliantly.
Hotel were lovely, and seemed very child friendly.

Anthracite Wed 31-Jul-13 14:43:46

I remember now - out hotel was Hotel l'Univers in Place Chateaubriand.

Mumngran did you take children?

Thanks, I will look into both, hotel arvor looks lovely

MumnGran Wed 31-Jul-13 13:07:26

Consider Dinan rather than St Malo.

This hotel was perfect!! Do take the tripadvisor recommendation though, and pre-book the car park space!!

Anthracite Wed 31-Jul-13 12:51:19

We stayed in a lovely hotel in the Old Town. I can't remember the name but there are lots of them. They are independent and so will often have large family rooms.

What I liked was that our eldest DCs were just old enough (13 and 11) to explore the square we were in while we sat on the terrace drinking wine.

A caution is that it can take a long time to drive into St Malo because of traffic from the motorway network (not a problem if your ferry goes to St Malo, obviously).

We are looking for a nice stopover somewhere in the st malo area for one night next month for 2 adults 3 kids preferably not a big hotel
Any recommendations welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now