Any stopover recommendations around st malo area?

(9 Posts)

We are looking for a nice stopover somewhere in the st malo area for one night next month for 2 adults 3 kids preferably not a big hotel
Any recommendations welcome

Anthracite Wed 31-Jul-13 12:51:19

We stayed in a lovely hotel in the Old Town. I can't remember the name but there are lots of them. They are independent and so will often have large family rooms.

What I liked was that our eldest DCs were just old enough (13 and 11) to explore the square we were in while we sat on the terrace drinking wine.

A caution is that it can take a long time to drive into St Malo because of traffic from the motorway network (not a problem if your ferry goes to St Malo, obviously).

MumnGran Wed 31-Jul-13 13:07:26

Consider Dinan rather than St Malo.

This hotel was perfect!! Do take the tripadvisor recommendation though, and pre-book the car park space!!

Thanks, I will look into both, hotel arvor looks lovely

Mumngran did you take children?

Anthracite Wed 31-Jul-13 14:43:46

I remember now - out hotel was Hotel l'Univers in Place Chateaubriand.

MumnGran Wed 31-Jul-13 15:46:16

Yes, but as mine are adult now, I don't think they count for your purposes smile
However ....we were with family who did have younger children (3 & 7). The family room was unavailable when they booked, but they had a double with door connecting into a twin for the children. Worked brilliantly.
Hotel were lovely, and seemed very child friendly.

Thanks mumngran we have booked a family room it looks gorgeous thanks

MumnGran Thu 01-Aug-13 01:10:13

Yeay.... have a great time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now