Where to eat at Manchester Airport

(8 Posts)
Littlebigcat Thu 08-Aug-13 16:09:06

If you wanted a local alternative to the hotel there's a pub fairly close to the airport called the Tatton Arms, the food is nice and has never been too busy when I've been in though they can take bookings. I believe it is child friendly. Would be walkable but with the roads around the airport and with PIL's it'd probably be best to get a cab.

Essexgirlupnorth Thu 01-Aug-13 22:11:29

Could get train to East Didsbury which is about halfway between the airport and city centre. There is the parrs wood centre which has a nandos, bella Italia, Frankie and bennys, Pizza Hut and Chiquito's plus a wether spoons pub and also another pub restaurant.
Can also get a taxi to Didsbury village which has a number of restaurants.

junkfoodaddict Thu 01-Aug-13 21:37:59

PareyMortas - that would be fab if it was just me, DH and LO but unfortunately we have PIL with us (85 and 76 years of age). Neither care much for pizza. sad

PareyMortas Tue 30-Jul-13 21:33:14

Jump in a cab and go to Hale pizza express ideal for kids and check out the footballers wives. Hale is about ten minutes away.

junkfoodaddict Tue 30-Jul-13 21:30:52

Googles it and neither as easy as we thought. Thank you for the responses. The general agreed concensus is that we wil eat in the hotel. We looked at a possible menu for a restaurant in terminal 1 before security and prices were only about £2 different in similar meals.

But in answer to your question, pigglepaggle, we are train only as we have a taxi taking us the long drive to the airport!!

pigglepaggle Tue 30-Jul-13 12:27:30

Can you drive or is it train only?
Trains from the airport to Manchester Piccadilly train station run frequently but I don't know of any good restaurants near to the station.
Trafford Centre has loads of choice when it comes to eating but travelling there by train is not straightforward.
There is a Beefeater restaurant (Heald Green Hotel/Premier Inn) a short taxi ride away from the airport.

VBisme Sun 28-Jul-13 21:12:56

Manchester city centre isn't particularly easy to get to from the airport, but the trafford centre is.

I don't think there's much land side of security, so I wouldn't pick the airport.

Trafford centre has a good selection of restaurants. Or you could check out the other airport hotels.

Alternatively you're close to Altrincham and they have some very good restaurants.

junkfoodaddict Sun 28-Jul-13 21:07:33

We're staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel at Manchester Airport in 2 weeks time. We know there is work being done at the hotel to upgrade and remodernise and we are also aware that there is only one restaurant at the hotel which, from tripadvisor reviews, is very busy, can mean meals are delayed by up to an hour and from some people's perspective, EXPENSIVE and a bit sparse in quantity!

I have spoken to DH about this and given a suggestion of travelling into Manchester early evening via train and eating out. My PIL have said they have eaten at arrivals/before security at the airport (hotel is situated at the end of a covered 'skywalk' so no outdoor walking needed).

However, on looking at the Manchester Airport website, there doesn't seem to be lot of choice in terms of restaurants offering meals.

So WWYD?

We have a toddler (19 months) and I need to know where we are eating as I don't want him going hungry for too long. DH says Hotel restaurant, PIL say airport complex and I say Manchester City Centre!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now