Suitcase size help!

(5 Posts)
sparkle9 Sat 27-Jul-13 13:06:56

I have an allowance of 20kg and my DP has 15kg for our holiday.

We need new suitcases. What sizes should we get? I have some lightweight ones in mind from Debenhams Tripp make but I'm not sure whether to get medium or large?

Large is 86 litres. Medium is 55 litres.

Any advice?

specialsubject Sat 27-Jul-13 18:45:56

a litre is one kilogram if you are packing water. As you are presumably not doing this, there is no real correlation unless you want to work out the density of your clothes.

get cases that are as light as possible (or you are paying to transport the case, not your clothes) and don't take too much. 20kg is enough for a six month trip.

sparkle9 Sat 27-Jul-13 20:44:43

Definitely not transporting water. Ha ha.

So the medium case will probably be sufficient.

sweetestcup Sat 27-Jul-13 21:58:22

Make sure your case is also within the size limits of your carrier, I've just given away a suitcase because it was too large for United Airlines limit of 158cm (height, width and length all added together), it was obviously "extra large" and have bought a "large" suitcase today. I don't think 20kg is a lot really based for a fortnights holiday on past experiences, so am glad ours is 23 kg plus carry on luggage!

specialsubject Sun 28-Jul-13 20:11:20

remember that the heavier the case, the worse it is treated by fed up baggage handlers. Make sure that baggage with more than one handle will stand being lifted by only one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now