Yelloh camping site says men must wear trunks!!

(27 Posts)

We have just received our tickets for la plage camping village by yelloh and in the info it states men must wear trunks, swimming shorts are forbidden!! Now my dp is a big man who always wears shorts he will look ridiculous in swimming trunks!!!
Anyone know if they really do enforce this? grin

sosop02 Wed 11-Sep-13 09:16:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Thanks ilovepowerhoop for that link x

Willabywallaby Sat 27-Jul-13 07:52:14

The site we stayed at 2 years ago was very strict, it was on the beach and the baggies collect the sand. Get him some shorts, they don't need to be speedos just Lycra. You can get triathlon shorts that go to the knee.

justaweeone Sat 27-Jul-13 07:49:42

I have been to sites where this is also the case
A lot of guys would just slip on a longer pair of shorts over their budgie smugglers when they weren't in the water

Cantdothisagain Sat 27-Jul-13 07:44:04

Our yelloh site said the same in the rules but it was never enforced. My tip is to google images of the pool- you will see what people are wearing- ours has men in shorts on its own publicity!

Oh god it's going to be hilarious! He will be livid!! grin

Tis for the hygiene! If you think that's wierd try convincing Italian campsite owners that sunsuits are a good idea for 18 month olds in 30 degree heat when cooling off in a pool. They thought we were bonkers, but sadly hadn't foreseen this utter madness so hadn't written it into the rules.

katydid02 Fri 26-Jul-13 14:52:40

It's normal for France - Speedos are the recommended attire. Look away now! grin

Branleuse Fri 26-Jul-13 14:48:14

I dont see why so many people are weird about them. Womens costumes are revealing and tight, and noone bats an eye

Branleuse Fri 26-Jul-13 14:46:56

I quite like them in their tight shorts. Maybe not the actual brief style ones, but i bought some tight shorts for dp, although they didnt enforce it where I went, even though it was supposedly a requirement. It was out of season though

christinarossetti Fri 26-Jul-13 14:39:16

The camp site we stayed at in France last insisted on this. It's because board short type trunks have more fibres to release and block up the filters, and any shorts with pockets in increase hygiene and stuff floating around the pool risk eg tissues left in pockets.

Coconutty Fri 26-Jul-13 14:38:26

I discounted loads of camp sites coz of this, I have no desire see men squashed into Speedos. Would put me off my pina colada.

FoxMulder Fri 26-Jul-13 14:36:12

It seems unfair insisting they wear something so revealing. I wear board shorts when I swim. Also guys in dick-togs look gross.

eurozammo Fri 26-Jul-13 14:31:48

Standard in France. Get those budgies smuggled!

something like these?

SquidgyMummy Fri 26-Jul-13 13:53:50
ProudNeathGirl Fri 26-Jul-13 13:52:49

Loads of French and other European pools ban swimming shorts - they like the tiny speedo style budgie smugglers.

Not every pool enforces it, but recommend your DH takes some with him just in case.

NB - some public pools, especially in Italy, insist on swimming caps too.

SquidgyMummy Fri 26-Jul-13 13:52:22

you can wear speedos or [[ http://showbizgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Screen-Shot-2013-06-08-at-00.26.31.png those snug shorts type things daniel craig wore.]]

it is to stop blokes wearing sweaty shorts all day then jumping in a pool.
They are very hygiene conscious in france <--- good thing

oohaveabanana Fri 26-Jul-13 13:50:20

At the campsite we've been to in the Vendee this was very much enforced - dh and I used to put bets as people wandered in in their surf shorts on how many seconds they'd last before the (otherwise utterly imobile) pool guards sent them out. Defn well worth investing in speedos/tight truck type costume for blokes

inneedofrain Fri 26-Jul-13 13:48:18

Yep sorry speedos are fairly manadatory in France!

or maybe its the other way round and they want everything on show! you can get longer length trunks rather than tiny speedos though as ds wears them for swimming

BramblyHedge Fri 26-Jul-13 13:46:57

We went to siblu and although it did say that, most men wore shorts.

its probably tiny speedos they dont want. You can get longer length trunks rather than baggy shorts

SoupDragon Fri 26-Jul-13 13:45:43

Yep. Budgie smugglers all the way I'm afraid.

pinkje Fri 26-Jul-13 13:44:54

Pretty normal for French swimming pools I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now