Places to eat near Portsmouth Ferry Terminal

(5 Posts)
revealall Thu 25-Jul-13 21:44:54

Portsmouth is on a long one way system. If you stay in the outside lane past the France ferry terminal it takes you straight down to Gunwharf.

Loads of restaurants with outside seating overlooking the harbour (Jamie Oliver, Cafe Rouge, Slug and Lettuce, Giraffe etc etc ) . You can park at meters on the road or there is an open air car park (there is a Gunwharf car park underground if you follow the signs. Then you are literally 5 mins from the France ferry terminal (stay in the left lane) on the way out!

Corriewatcher Thu 25-Jul-13 19:38:28

Cheers, think I've found the Table Table pub on google.

MoonHare Thu 25-Jul-13 17:34:44

Depending on which road you're coming in on we recently went to France on overnight ferry and stopped at a Table Table pub off the A3 about 20 mins from Portsmouth. It had parking, outside seating, not the best view (it's next to a McDonalds) but the food was nice, service very quick and they have a good children's menu. There really isn't anything near to the ferry terminal.

WorkInProgress Thu 25-Jul-13 17:29:40

We drove round and round Portsmouth recently looking for somewhere to eat before a ferry - we only found a Morrisons Cafe. Suggest you stop on the motorway or turn off ( port sunlight?)before you get to the Ferry.

Corriewatcher Thu 25-Jul-13 17:16:17

Hi all, we're driving down to Portsmouth tomorrow to catch the overnight ferry to France. We'd like to stop off close-ish to the ferry terminal for an early evening meal. We'll have primary school aged children plus our dog - so something with outside seating would be ideal as don't want to leave dog in car in warm weather. Given that we'll have our car full, we'd ideally like somewhere with a car park so we can keep an eye on our stuff (I'm paranoid)

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I remember seeing an American diner from the road (A27) on a previous visit, but can't seem to find it on google. Very grateful for any suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now